Computer freezes in certain situations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had this problem for a while now and it is getting very annoying. When ever i play any game (like oblivion, counter strike:source, world of warcraft and Fear) i can play for so long then it will just freeze and i can here the sound at the point it froze repeating (the sound usually continues for a couple of seconds longer then when the game freezes) then its just about half a second of the sound from the game constantly repeating until i reboot it manually. Sometimes i can play for an hour of 2 and other times it will happen the second i get in the game. i found that it does it more often in certain areas of the game, and in counter strike it also does it on certain actions, but usually its random. i have a new computer i have recently built and its specs are:

CPU: Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (64 bit)
Motherboard: ASUS P5LD2
RAM: 1 x 1GB DDR2
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 256mb PCI express
PSU: 450W [ +3.3V with 25A] [+5V with 35A] [+12V with 16A]
HDD: 160GB [WDC WD1600JB-19GVA0]
Wireless card: D-Link AirPlus G+ DWL-G520+

I did a monitor on the +12V rail with SpeedFan i think its ok but i wouldnt really know. i couldnt get a pic to add to the thread but when i started playing any of the games it would jump around a bit but never go any less then about 0.4V under the normal level which was about 12.36V.

i have tried formatting and i get the same freezing, and it also freezes randomly when i am browsing a pdf, apart from games and the pdf it has never frozen anywere else.

Hopefully someone can help solve this problem as i cant use any games or browse pdf's. any help would be appreciated, if you need to know anything else about the computer just ask.

thanks

temp

also with speedfan when i look at the temperature monitor there are 4 readings... temp1,temp2,temp3 and HD0. they all have ticks except for temp3 which has a fire symbol and is running at 55 C

temp1 = 43 C
temp2 = 40 C
temp3 = 55 C
HD0 = 37 C

and my friend has the exact same computer with only a different CPU he has a P4 3.0 GHz 64bit, but video card, motherboard, ram, everything but CPU are identical and he has temp1 temp2 temp3 and HD0 just like me but his temp3 is only 7 C and has a tick beside it not a fire symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back