Computer freezes on startup

Okay so here's what happens. When ever I boot up my computer and sign in. I let everything load up. It's all fine until I try to open something. A game, Google anything and it'll start to freeze up. Once it does I have to do a hard restart on it. Once I do that everything is fine and it doesn't freeze. So basically I just restart my computer when I get to my login screen and it works just fine. Why would it be doing this?

More things than you could believe...but first - malware. What do you run to prevent it, when was your last scan and was it clean?

If current and clean, then need to know specifications, age, last cleaning, operating system, etc.

Any beeps? - see beep codes for your BIOS provider.
Blue screen? - what was STOP code? faulting module?
Just a freeze? - check Windows updates to be sure all installed properly
also check Event Viewer for 'critical errors' other than forced restart.

The system it self is about 2 years old now I built it. My os is windows 10 and I use avg protection plus the maitenece thing. I run both regularly. I just ran a full system scan and it says I have 0 threats found. I also have malwarebytes that I use. It's all the free versions though. No beeps happen and when it freezes it doesn't blue screen it just freezes. I've let it sit for about 15 min to see if anything happens and it doesn't. The rest of the specs on my computer if you need them is my processor amd 9590 fx, motherboard Asus Saber tooth 2.0, g.skill 8g ram, 2 amd 270x video cards cross fired. I'm doing a windows update now and I'll check for updates on the cards and I'll let you know if anything changes.

Take a look at your event viewer and look for any errors. Also, open the task manager and see what is actually running, how much CPU and memory are being used. Some thing are really not needed. If you question a service running google it and see what you get. You might be able to shut it off. Also, with the task manager open, go to the startup tab and turn off things that you know are not needed.

So I'm doing the SFC now. Also I have 3 windows updates that have been at 0% for the past hour now. And I turned off all the unnecessary programs.

I do believe we got everything working now. It's not freezing and the windows updates finally went through. Thank you guys a lot for the help!

Back