Computer Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmoss

Hello,

Alright, My computer keeps freezing for some reason. I can't run Virus scans online and no Ad-aware and Sbybot S&D because it will freeze. If I search for anything with the word *AntiVirus* my internet closes on its own. I have Windows XP Pro 2002 service pack 2
256 of ram (don't ask if its a ram problem because I installed a gig and it still froze:( ) Intel(R)
Celeron(R) CPU 2.00GHz
2.00GHz, 224 Mb of RAM
(Note: Thats from My Computer Properties XD)
I don't know what a HIJackThis log is.
I know enough that I can follow directions easily (Can't understand computer codes)
This has been happening for almost a year now, and it won't go away :(
The fan for the motherboard and power supply work, but not the one on the outside case. This computer was custom built.(not be me) When I say freeze, I mean no response to anything, have to hit reset button to get it to restart.
Also, it started happening when I was browsing, I weird website popped up and started scanning my computer without me telling it to.
If any one can help, or if I need to put more info, please tell me.

Thank you!!!
(P.S. I'm new here and i'm sorry if I sound pushey, and sorry for any misspellings.)

Zero fill and re-install.

If you don't know what they mean, LEARN!

And get some decent AV, Firewall and stay away from bad places using Spybot S&D Hosts file blocker.

I can't, the computer was not made be me(My grandfathers old computer), and even if I did I don't have a windows disk, and my mom has a bunch of pictures, is there any way of getting rid of the virus without me erasing the entire harddrive.

Viruses are tricky. Especially if you have to get rid of them by direction via internet and dont know what you're doing. I'm sure there is a virus program you could get to fix it but probably not free. You know it may not even be a virus that's doing it either. How old is this thing. Does it overheat, maybe dusty?

How do you check your bios, and its a little dusty, but it feels realtively cool. It freezes from a dead startup, so it might not be heat.

Given that data:

Virus scanning and other cpu intensive apps can, with a bad heatsink contact condition, cause the cpu to throttle or shutdown.

You are at the threshold for throttle with the cpu temp you show,

I would suggest re-applying thermal paste to your cpu/heatsink.

Thats most likely due to the fact I only have 224MB of RAM, even if it isn't, What about the web browser shutdown.( when antivirus in any search engine closes off my internet) Also just a resent problem, if I open a second window on the internet, something closes the first(unless i have another tab open, then it asks if you want it to be closed.) My computer also gave me an error message when opening up, then it froze.

Windows has just recovered from a serious issue

Error Signature
BCCode:f4 BCP1(or l):00000003 BCP2:FFB:BCP4:80 5FA160 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product:256-1

bccode f4

Googleing BCCODE f4 generally leads to believe it is a hardware, not software error. The ram, CPU, or power supply can be bad. Looks, tho, like its time to trash it.

Alright, thank you guys, I just got a new coputer so everything is cool now, but thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back