Computer freezing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I am having some issues with my computer and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I recently bought and installed Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 and afterwards my computer started freezing.

I don't know if it is because I forgot to remove another anti-spyware program that I was using, so it could be conflicting, not sure. Anyways i tried removing it but it is pointless because my computer freezes as soon as the desktop loads up. I even tried starting my computer up in safe mode by pressing F8, but for some reason that option isn't available on my comp. So I am in a pretty bummed out situation. I just wanted some input first because if I take it into a store they usually charge atleast $90 for a freaking diagnostic.

So any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

The real concern is Safe Mode not working!

You may acually have Virus/Spyware infection too (seeming you were updating the AntiVirus program)

Option 1
Boot from Windows CD, go to the Recovery Console command prompt
On the command prompt type: rstrui (You might need to change into windows folder ie CD Windows)

Option 2
Remove the HardDrive and scan it in another computer fully (plus back it up)

Option 3
Repair Windows using the Windows CD again (Note: if Virus/Malware present, sometimes this will fail)

Option 4
Just do a clean install of Windows (losing everything presently on your system

Option 5
Take it to a Computer Repair Shop, for them to do all this!

^^^^

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. I might just take it to the computer repair shop to save me all the trouble, but thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back