Computer frozen at the screen "press delete to enter bios" and my keyboard wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.
my pc is acting up, it has been working fine for over a year now. i have an asus a8n5x mb amd x2 4200+ an ATI x1900xtx 3 GB RAM and a Raptor hard drive. when i went to turn on my computer a couple days ago i turned it on and it is like frozen at the screen "press delete to enter bios" and my keyboard wont work . its like the keys i hit dont have any effect.

please help asap
pwnage_07 thanks

hmm, thats odd still nothing with the PS/2, darn leeme see what i can figure out.

First off clear the cmos, just for the heck of it.

unplug the computer, and you should see a jumper around the battery. (depending on your mobo) move that jumper from lets say 1/2 to 2/3

if you dont have the jumpers or you just want to do it the complicated way, just remove the battery for a minute or so.

if still nothing read on.

Okay, so you've checked when using the PS/2 that it is plugged in the keyboard plug not the mouse?

Um, instead of holding the key or pressing it when it says too turn the computer on and press it at short intervals and see what happens.

Hopefully your mobo isnt giving out on you.

wow im confused but thankfull.

i was sittin on my couch and my freind was like can i use your pc rreal quick and i was like no its broke but he tried to turn it on anyways and it worked. i think its cause i pulled out the CMOS battery for 5 min

yay! thanks for the help man i appreciate it :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back