Computer keeps crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!
I wonder if someone could help me with this on going problem. My computer is quite new, prob about 6 months old, however, it keeps crashing, whenever I open a program, or whilst browsing online.

I have no idea what could be the cause of this, and have no thoughts on where I can identify the problem, can anyone suggest anything that I could do ?

I have managed to get the dmp files, I hope someone can give me some idea.

Thanks in advance.

u8u.jpg

Attachments

• Mini091707-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 9
the same problem here - Mini091807-02.dmp and i am helpless.i`m using my pc as a deejay-station and i feel very stupid when the pc stucks at the hotest point of the party

Apparently this is a growing problem with vista. I just recently purchased a dell latitude with vista for a friend and after a couple of weeks he tells me that the laptop is freezing up after a few hours of use.
I figured it was just a lack of memory since he only had 1GB (vista uses over 60% of that at idle) so we doubled his memory to 2GB and still had the same issue after a few hours use.
so, I know its not a memory issue. It sounds like a bug with Vista. So I search the web for similar problems and find this thread at a similar forum with lots of other people having a freeze issue with vista: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1962345&SiteID=17
Some of these people solved their problem by switching SATA controllers.
Unfortunately I don't think this will help me since they all have desktops and i am having this problem with a laptop.
Although I have taken apart and repaired many laptops, I am hesitant to open this one up since it is not mine and it is brand new. Besides, I think it would be a waste of time since I would assume that there are no wired SATA connectors in a laptop. Please let me know if I am wrong about this.

Anyway, I will try disabling everything at startup except for a few necessities. If that fixes the freezing issue, I will start enabling 1 item at a time until I find the culprit.

tanx milky.i was running <vista> on my laptop.<vista home basic>was installed when i bought it brand new.i have changed it to <winXP32sp2> because the programs i use were not running under <vista home basic>
i have not marked the same problem with <vista>, or i don`t remember.i have
used <vista> a few hours only, just to see "what is this".so, my *.dmp-problem exist under <winXP>.before installing it, i have formated the HDD.
i am confused a lot.this morning when i start up my laptop, there was a blue sreen message telling me about some "hardwear malfunction" and "please contact your vendor".after restart, my laptop is working.i don`t know what will be the next time.here are some details about my machine, in case it is helpfull for solving (or envolving:)) the problem:

intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU T2450 2.00GHz
1,75GB of RAM
160GB SATA
VIA Chipset, Chrome9 HCTM DX9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back