Computer not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, everyone. I am posting this for a friend. He has a PC with Windows XP and uses AOL as his ISP. I believe he is on AOL ver 9. Yesterday, he was prompted to download the latest Active X control from AOL, which he did. He was able to use the PC yesterday, but has been unable to boot it up today. He gets as far as the black screen, then is prompted "can attempt to repair this file from the original setup CD Rom."

Has anyone reported any issues like this after running the latest active x control from AOL? I have asked my friend to bring his computer to me tomorrow so I can try to get more information (i.e. the name of the file that needs to be repaired, etc.), but I wanted to ask if anyone has encountered anything like this. I did a quick search on this forum, but didn't find anything.

Regards,
Jana

Don't know if you saw this POST by Kimsland (something is wrong with it but it's still legible~just)
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic113137.html
Edit: Also at the bottom there is some non operational threads, copy and paste the string into your browser and you then Edit it by removing everything outside the quotes ( " " ) it will work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back