Computer restarts during graphics intensive actions, Windows Experience Index refresh

Hi all, here's my situation:

I just recently upgraded my Video Card from a Radeon HD 4870 512MB to a Radeon HD 6870 2GB. After installing the new card my computer will now restart during games and also even if I try to run the Windows Experience Index refresh. During the refresh, my computer will restart during the Direct3D ALU Assessment portion. I've researched all over the internet and most people suggest it's either a faulty Video Card, a PSU issue, a MoBo issue, or a Memory issue.

I don't believe it's a faulty Video card because I sent back the 6870 thinking it was faulty and bought a Nvidia GTX 580 to try. The same exact issue is occurring with the 580 as the radeon 6870. Plus, if I put my original 4870 back in, my computer will play games perfectly fine. This is also why I don't believe it's a memory issue. Because my computer will run fine with the 4870 using the same memory setup, I don't think it's memory, but I could be wrong I guess.

So, I'm guessing it's either a PSU or MoBo issue. Here are my Comp specs if it will help:

core i7 920 at stock speeds
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
12GB DDR3 Triple Channel Corsair XMS3 memory (6 x 2GB)
750W Antec PSU
2 x 150GB Western Digital VelociRaptor's running in RAID 0
eVGA Nvidia GTX 580 Superclocked 1.5GB

Also, would a complete OS Reinstall possibly fix anything? I'd be more willing to try that before purchasing a new MoBo or PSU to troubleshoot.

Thanks for any help!

(attached is a .txt of my DxDiag)

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    31.6 KB · Views: 0
This ounds more like a driver issue. When you have been swapping cards over have you been reinstalling the correct driver for the card?

Back