Computer wont get passed Windows Xp loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newrad2376

ok.. First of all let me put the message that keeps coming up when i try to start up my computer

A problem has been detected and windows had been shut down to prevent damage to your computer:

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen reatart your computer, if this screen appears again follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new Hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need

If this problem continues, Dis able or remove any new installed hardware or software. Diable Bios Memory option such as caching diable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advance Techincal Information:

***Stop: 0x000000ED(0x82334E30, 0xC0000006,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Ok and now for when this problem started. I was playing Diablo II after school and my brother was vacuuming. And for some reason our breakers went out and the power to my room and his went out. He fixed it and i started my computer back up fine. He started vacuuming again. This time I was trying to Do my Term Paper and then the Breaker went out again. Thankfully I had saved a minute or two before that happened.. So I thought this would be just like the last time. I turned on my comp and it started loading up. Until that is it got to the Windows XP logo with the blue scrolling bar below it.Just after a few seconds a blue screen with that information popped up. The first time i couldnt reed it so I disabled automatic retart when Error occurs or someting like that. So it restarted again and then that message came up. I've tried everything. My brother got it to work for a short time but then My computer over heated and turned off without saving and the same problem happened again. And I tried to do what the error message says about logging on with Safe Mode but It wont even get pasted loading safe mode. The nI tried to Use the Windows XP disk to fix it and it gave me a slightly different screen but it still wouldnt work. Could anyone please help me. My grade depends on that Term Paper. And I have important information on it that I cant afford to lose.. Thank you for anyone that reads or replys.

Newrad2376 said:
ok.. First of all let me put the message that keeps coming up when i try to start up my computer

A problem has been detected and windows had been shut down to prevent damage to your computer:

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen reatart your computer, if this screen appears again follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new Hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need

If this problem continues, Dis able or remove any new installed hardware or software. Diable Bios Memory option such as caching diable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advance Techincal Information:

***Stop: 0x000000ED(0x82334E30, 0xC0000006,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Ok and now for when this problem started. I was playing Diablo II after school and my brother was vacuuming. And for some reason our breakers went out and the power to my room and his went out. He fixed it and i started my computer back up fine. He started vacuuming again. This time I was trying to Do my Term Paper and then the Breaker went out again. Thankfully I had saved a minute or two before that happened.. So I thought this would be just like the last time. I turned on my comp and it started loading up. Until that is it got to the Windows XP logo with the blue scrolling bar below it.Just after a few seconds a blue screen with that information popped up. The first time i couldnt reed it so I disabled automatic retart when Error occurs or someting like that. So it restarted again and then that message came up. I've tried everything. My brother got it to work for a short time but then My computer over heated and turned off without saving and the same problem happened again. And I tried to do what the error message says about logging on with Safe Mode but It wont even get pasted loading safe mode. The nI tried to Use the Windows XP disk to fix it and it gave me a slightly different screen but it still wouldnt work. Could anyone please help me. My grade depends on that Term Paper. And I have important information on it that I cant afford to lose.. Thank you for anyone that reads or replys.

umm.. this might help...not certain, haven't had that particular issue in a while.

xp help

another site

also, this site has alot of helpful software relating to boot probs...

Thanks for the help but.. I tried the first link.. And I did what it said. I started up my computer with the CD in it loaded and said .Window's XP is Loading.. After a few moments my system completely turned off and it started making a noise. almost like an alarm and im sure nothing was overheating.

When you mean breakers you mean the ones from the power box? THeres a possibility that there was a short circuit..is your PC connected directly to the power outlet? THeres also a chance that such shutdown corrupted system files

I would say a current spike. Something might have fried if it happened, or maybe your HDD was corrupted.

Once we had a power outage and when they re-set the power, the mobo, modem and PSU fried...

DragonMaster said:
I would say a current spike. Something might have fried if it happened, or maybe your HDD was corrupted.

Once we had a power outage and when they re-set the power, the mobo, modem and PSU fried...

thats why i am asking if it was connected directly :hotbounce

No I'm not connected directly and My brother helped fix the problem. He put my HD on his computer as a slave and ran chkdsk. Thanks for the help guys

That's what I thought. You could have run the recuperation console to get chkdsk working. (But you need the CD, and I know that most people don't have this ;) )

And I'm still running Win2k...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back