Consistent bluescreen Win 7

hi,

I've been getting a blue screen fairly consistently over the last couple weeks. I tried to go to a system restore point to before the time it began happening - but I don't think it worked.

I've attached my mini dump for this.

I'm using Windows 7 on an i7 processor. Gigabyte X58 motherboard with 12GB of RAM.

Here are some additional codes related to the error:

BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 0000000000061940
BCP2: 000000000A0F0000
BCP3: 00000200FFFFEE00
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Thanks.
r

Attachments

• 030711-20264-01.zip
    21.5 KB · Views: 1
Though nothing definitive was cited as the cause in light of your symptoms and error code run Memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version which is 4.20. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

There is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

*** If Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match? How about the timings?

errors in RAM!!

ok. so I ran it for like 19 hours. after 10 hours nothing. then when i got back from work this afternoon there were 7 errors after 7 passes.

I have failing addresses and error bits.

my issue is that i don't have the time to run this on each stick so I'd rather buy a new pack ( think I will go Kingston ) and get a refund/new to batch from OCZ. its only been a 2 months and I don't overclock.

my question is:

is there a chance my motherboard is bad as well? Can I be sure that its only my RAM? What are the symptoms of a faulty chipset? Remember its 2months old as well, Gigabyte X58A UD3R.

thanks for the help.

A good rule is that if you have errors with Memtest the issue is corrupt memory. Other causes are wrong voltage settings and sometimes bad memory slots.

Back