Continuous Reboot/BSOD disc boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help. My PC is currently restarting itself and doesn't even get to the 'windows loading' screen. It gets to the choices to start in safe mode etc and it doesn't matter which choice I make, it will show a lot of lines and then stop and reboot. If I use the win xp disc to boot, then choose R to repair I get the dreaded BSOD. I think the important line of txt is:

ntfs.sys - Address F70801FC base at F7073000,

I have done a whole heap of research into this but can't quite seem to find the exact same problem and therefore haven't been able to rectify. I would really prefer not to have to format the drive as I stupidly haven't backed up any photo's etc(ie "bahhh, that would never happen to ME")

I would really appreciate some help, more than happy to provide any other information if I haven't provided enough. CHeers all.

Lets begin by attempting to run Memtest. On another computer go to www.memtest.org and burn to a CD.

Start up your computer and go immediately into your BIOS and set your CD/DVD drive to first bootable.

Reboot with the CD in your drive and let it take over. Run for a minimum of 7 passes (there are 8 individual tests per Pass; this takes a long time). If you have any errors you have RAM that must be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back