Could be big problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm1286

So this morning I started my comp it started fine went to log into xp I got a blue screen saying something about dumping memory restart ur system. So I restarted my system and it came up fine is this blue screen an early sign of a cancer in my comp.

goto start>run.
type in %systemroot%/minidumps
zip up 5-6 of the most recent ones and post it here as an attachment.. howard or one of the guys will read it for you...

it could be as simple as checking for new drivers, updating/fixing a system file or diagnosing a hardware that may be on its way out...

Sometimes its the ram starting to go bad, pretty well always its some piece of hardware causing this.
Best to wait for the dumps and then start diagnostics.

In response to N3

I foud the files but I need to find an internet connection strong enough to get u the files b/c i cant get it to upload at my house hopefully I will get it up by this evening

I tried the same thing and got the same results as cm1286.
I dont know much about minidumps anyway.
I clicked on the 4 minidumps in my pc and couldnt open them.
I am only trying to help out here, nothing wrong with my pc.

I did some googling and came up with this:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=244139

N3051m

I found the files and I zipped them .rar file but i cant get anything to upload them any suggestions or other ideas

Also I looked in some of the latest files they all seem to be windows service pack uninstall programs idk if that helps

hmm.. you didnt attached your minidups..

i dont think this site can handle .rar attachments, so try grouping it when your in the minidumps folder (shift or ctrl + click), then right click>send to>compressed folder. that should then zip up into a .zip file, then attach here...,

you can try uploading to a webserver or fileserver on the internet, otherwise try uploading it at a friends place/internet cafe's that has better internet connection like broadband or adsl or something...

what files are you refering to? in what directory?

Hey guys, theres an easier way to send them.
You have them rar'd so go to usendit.com and you can send any file up to a gig to another person for free. You need the other persons email addy. ITs real easy i have been using it for 6 months and sent a ton of files.
Should be zipped or rar'd for security though. Dont really need to password protect unless its serious stuff, lol.

I found something

I found this in my event logger does it help any

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0xe3814828, 0xe3814890, 0x0c0d080f). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini052606-01.dmp.

Not only that but I then zipped and uploaded three of the reports simlar to that saved file hope the help

So according to what Nork has helped me find it seems to be some sort of a driver error. which is highly probable b/c i have no idea how to updae any of my drivers so... which driver is the big question

So I went hunting for drivers today got all the ones i needed but when i got the motherboard/ bios update i dont know how to activate it its just a .rom file so if anyone wants to help out on how to do that u know just ur avg ***** here

Here is what i would do, it may or may not be the best way, not sure on that, only what i would do.
First i wouldnt do a bios update unless i read at the website that a certain bios update involved hardware updates.
Next i would take out all items from my pc setup that i absolutely dont need, pci cards, usb items. Get the system down to one stick of ram (unless you are running rdram), video, keyboard, mouse, monitor, floppy drive, main c hard drive and thats all for now. That means any cd or dvdrom is to be disconnected and that also means you have to check your main c hard drive jumper settings as often when its set as master with a slave (slave being cd or dvd rom or burner) then the jumper setup is one way and when the hard drive is running alone without cd or dvd rom then its a different jumper setup, for example western digital is no jumper at all when all alone on ide connection.
See if your system runs ok at this point and do let us know what you were able to take out from your system.
If you still have problems then i would update all drivers one item at a time. Turn pc off, not just reboot for each new set of drivers and check system to see if problem is still there.
While doing all that, check all connections, vid card, ide or sata drive, etc, etc.
This is a heck of a lot of work but as far as i know its the best way to find out what the problem is.
If you should need the bios upgrade we can help you with it. You downloaded the rom, which is the upgrade itself, but you also need to download the actual program (utility) that does the job for you, so go back to website and download that, although, as i said i dont see why at this point. Its not a good idea to try fixing an issue with a bios upgrade when there is no proof the upgrade will fix the problem. Bios upgrades do fail, and they render a mobo useless and with issues already its a bet that the odds increase of a bad bios install, so i dont recommend it. But when the system is working well and if you still want to do it, or if you find a good reason to do so, then by all means we will help you. We will help you even if you want to do it now, lol. No dis-respect intended.

lol I know fooling with bios is dangerous so yea I havnt done anything with that I updated my vid and my lan b/c thats what was suggested by some internet scan idk the only other outto date drivers are my sata and usb drivers which i dont think r that important um right now I have no problems so until that blue screen comes back or N3051M says that he got something from the file I attached I am going to leave the system be b/c its running fine

Certainly leave it be if all is well right now.
Glad you are at least at this point. When we do these things we getter better and better at diagnostics. We often hear or see "google is your friend" and its so true.
Its also amazing that pc's are sort of self-healing. First off, i do believe that win xp has some self-healing abilities of its own. But what i really mean is that with the internet and all the info and tech help we can find on it, its sort of like the pc having the ability to help heal itself built in! Albiet with our help still.

Well see I only get that blue screen maybe maybe tops once a month its just that finally it anoid me enough to start asking around

If you only get it once a month then its not really a biggie. However, you should likely have even mentioned that as it often helps with diagnosis. In your case it likely wouldnt have, but you never know. All possible info can be important.

Yea realize that hindsight is always 20/20

I guess it started to bother me b/c I plan on adding another gig of ram and a new 512 vid card within a week or so and wanted to make sure it was stable b4 i made the add ons

you'd probably guessed by now that i'm not in a position to read minidumps yet.. i'll see if i can get someone to read it for you... :)

one dump references "sptd.sys", which is used in daemon tools and alcohol 120%, and the other two say "memory corruption."

try temporarily renaming sptd.sys and sptdxxxx.sys (x = random number) in the "\windows\system32\drivers\", and see if that helps. as for memory corruption, test your ram using memtest.

athleman helpp

Yea I did the renaming and I tried to do the memtest but all i got was 1002 a hole bunch of 1002 i dont if thats the test running or what but after starring at it for a couple of minutes i restarted and brought windows up normal am i doing something wrong

when memtest is running, you should see a screen like this:
amd64-big.gif
you should leave it running for at least 7 passes, it can be a long process.

Alright i found out from their site that it didnt copy right so i have to redo it i will try again tonight hopefully post results
Thanxs again

No result but i have a theory

So I ran them memtest 7 passes 0 errors but I am wondering would I get an error report if I used up so much ram that my system ran out or got dangerously low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back