Counter-Strike:Source connection problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, i've just moved from Hong Kong, China, to Chicago, Illinois.

i recently moved in and set up my computer, got the internet working, BUT there's a problem.

CS Source started up fine, but when i joined a server, the moment i get in, the game freezes, then the "WARNING: Connection Problem" appears at the top right hand corner of the screen, it keeps happening to every server i join.

Also, it takes a really long time to just find a server even with no filters, as if the internet is really slow but internet explorer is really fast so i dont think its the internet problem. The friends tab also keeps losing connection then connects again for a short while, it keeps doing this on and off.

The last li'l annoying thing is that sometimes the game minimizes when i join a server.

Nothing has ever happened like this before (i've seen the "warning connection problem" thing before, but not in this manner), i dont know if its because of the new internet location or the internet itself.

I've tried disabling my firewalls and norton auto protect but it doesnt help.
Creating a LAN server with bots works fine.

Please help me, thanks.

Just taking a random guess right now before you mess with your internet, but does Steam itself have problems?

no

snacks said:
Just taking a random guess right now before you mess with your internet, but does Steam itself have problems?

nope, it doesnt have any problems starting up or working the other games, it just seems to be the connection problem.

I deleted the client registry to reset the update and see if that was the problem, but it updated fine, no problems at all.

oh yeah, and i was testing it just now, seems that this is affecting every source game i have installed in steam, i think something is blocking steam, but at the same time i dont think so because steam can update itself...and i havent installed any new virus protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back