CPU Fan, PC Not Starting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, my PC fan started acting up. I heard a stutter sound and it was starting to get real loud so I stopped ignoring it and took it a look. It was my CPU fan starting up and then stopping and then going again sometimes it would spin for awhile and then stop and stutter again. I turned off my computer and blew away any dust that might be causing it and then tried to turn on the computer and I get 3 beeps. Normally the computer will give 1 beep before starting up.

I kept trying to power the computer on several times and it finally booted up. But the fan still stuttered. Now everytime I turn on the computer it would give the 3 beeps and not boot. So I have to restart several times to boot it up. I figure the BIOS is upset about the CPU fan so I go into it and it is not detecting the fan. I check this again and now it does. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. So do you think it could be my CPU fan is busted? Maybe I should get a new CPU fan.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Get a new cpu fan. Don`t use the system until you get it, otherwise you run the risk of damage to your cpu.

Also, take a look HERE for the meaning of your beeps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back