CPU fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. Sorry i dint introduce maself but its coz i desperately need your help.my cpu fan is on and off but only of late such that the computer cant boot at all. i tested the PSU and it seems like that is not the problem. So help me understand what the issue is and how i can fix it right now....... Guys am waiting.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I don`t know why you found it necessary to start another thread that simply said "Please help", but it`s been deleted.

If you suspect a faulty fan, then simply replace it.

If that doesn`t help, then maybe your cpu is overheating and needs some attention.

Removing the heatsink and cleaning off the old thermal pad/paste and any dust/lint that has accumulated from the heatsink and cpu, then applying new thermal paste to the cpu die and re-attaching the heatsink may help. See HERE for instructions on how to apply thermal paste.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

agreed

i agree with howard
replace the fan blow out any dust and crap and see if that solvs the problem.
wile you have the box open inspect all the capaciters (the little cylenders on the motherboard) to see if any of them have blown, you can tell if they are blowen when the tops have bulged out or erupted stuff out of them selfs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back