CPU not recognizing my video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the situation, I recently got this computer from a friend of mine and I almost immediately reformatted the computer. After a few problems and a bit of troubleshooting/downloading drivers etc. I have gotten the computer working, and have internet access. The big problem I'm having is when I try to scroll on a window, or move it around, or do anything that requires graphics, it is all done very very slowly. I've read online that this is pretty much a classic symptom of my video card drivers need to be updated.

Here's the problem: I can't find out what video card I have. I have tried looking in COntrol panel>display>advanced settings to look for what I have, but it shows me as having nothing, and nowhere else I've looked has shown it to me either.

I took off the shell of the computer to try to visually identify my video card, and found out that it is Nvidia (performing a scan on the nvidia website didn't turn up anything either), and what looked like the number N1096 (not sure about the 0 as it is mostly obscured by a screw). I tried searching for that model but could not find anything on it.

I'm pretty stumped here now, is there anything you guys can suggest so I can figure out what video card I have, so I can download some drivers for it?

Thank you very much.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't mention it, but I know pretty much everything in the hardware checks out, as I used it for a good hour before reformatting.

And plus, I have no other desktop to swap it into.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

You could take a picture of it and post it here, or look for any writing on the card pcb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back