CPU or mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BF835DD6 BCP3 : B5931BFC
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8054169¿4?, 0xB66E6CF0, 0x0000000)

win32k.sys address BF835DD6 base at BF800000

These are the error things that i got, the ¿4? i think is a 4, couldn't read exactly due to bad handwriting...sorry...but also, things like to corrupt themselves, and also graphics like to randomly go bad, like from fine to random blotches of color, or weird graphics are appearing where other graphics should be. usually very colorful when this happens, and its only games, not web browser or anything else computer related. also, its usually a 1 in 2 chance that any file i download will be corrupt at least a bit by the time its downloaded. certain things, like my wireless adapter, which is PCI, likes to stop working and i have to reinstall it. and web browsers randomly close, firefox is what i use and it happens most often, but ie also happens, google chrome rarely does but still happens.

Wow sounds bad.
Not a lot of information however to the post.
Can you boot to windows or safe mode?

If not not to much trouble.
Follow the instruction HERE

You need to mount it ot CD and boot from that. It will check your RAM and CPU for problems. If anything is found then generally the hardware needs replacing. Run it for 7 passes.

Then
If nothing fails on there run check disk.
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/hderrcheck.htm

If problems are found usually they mean a replacement again but sometimes not.

See what happens

K, I will burn and run this tomorrow, but to answer questions, it does boot up in windows and safe mode, everything seems to be completely normal except for the random crashes, and i left out the bsod. that likes to randomly happen.

Ok then post back if you have problems with it running. Also the longer you can leave it the better so its best to do it overnight or during the day when you dont need the PC.

Also with it booting to Windows go to Start-Control pannel-Administrative Tools and then click on Error reporting/Event viewer. Then go down to Windows logs (left hand side pannel) and click on system.

Alsways good to do after a BSOD. Look for red corsses and critical objects. It will give you some more infromation in thee as to causes of the problem and then you can either google or ask about it on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back