CPU

HHarris

I have a Emachine that I want 2 upgrade the CPU on. The Model number is ET1810. WHAT can U Suggest?

The ET1810 uses Nvidia's nForce 610i chipset, which (along with the LGA775 CPU socket) restricts what you can upgrade the current CPU to those show in the following pdf:

The best one out of that list, that is compatible with the chipset, is the Core 2 Duo E8600. You'll find lots of these 2nd hand on eBay for very little money; however, they're unlikely to come with a CPU cooler and the one you're using isn't likely to be good enough.

If you're planning on upgrading to the most powerful CPU your system can support, it would make sense to get a sensible cooler:

The ET1810 uses Nvidia's nForce 610i chipset, which (along with the LGA775 CPU socket) restricts what you can upgrade the current CPU to those show in the following pdf:

The best one out of that list, that is compatible with the chipset, is the Core 2 Duo E8600. You'll find lots of these 2nd hand on eBay for very little money; however, they're unlikely to come with a CPU cooler and the one you're using isn't likely to be good enough.

If you're planning on upgrading to the most powerful CPU your system can support, it would make sense to get a sensible cooler:

Ok! I made a Mistake! The PC doesn't have an Intel, but an AMD Processor! It's still is an Emachine ET1810 though! I Still Need Advice on an Upgrade Options on this particular PC, Please & Thank U!!! :)

Not sure it's an ET1810 you have - they were all Intel CPU computers. eMachine did release the AMD-based ET1300-02 though:

You're best off using a diagnostic tool, like HWinfo, to find out the exact specification of the computer you have:

Install it, and just click the Run button. You should see a system summary window, like this:

hwinfoexample.jpg

This tool should identify the CPU socket and motherboard chipset - from this information, it's easier to then suggest an upgrade.

Back