Crysis 2 demo won't be Xbox 360 exclusive, coming to PC

Emil

Despite rumors and speculation suggesting that the Crysis 2 demo will be exclusive to the Xbox 360, it turns out the demo will be coming to the PC after all. Crytek confirmed the news via a tweet on its Twitter account:

Read the whole story

Xclusiveitalian

They have to in order to prove to there loyal PC fan base that Crysis 2 isnt just going to be a horrible console port. I do find it funny that after all the dissing Crytek did about how Crysis 1 can never run on specifically the 360, they release a sequel for it lol I hope it's as insane as Crysis 1 when it comes out with no one being able to run it!

TomSEA

Damn straight it will be graphically superior on the PC - as all games should be. :D

G

if crysis dosent tax the crap out of my machine, i'm gonna be pissed!

IAMTHESTIG

can't wait to give it a try! Nice to see someone finally doing a demo for PC. With all the lack of demo's I either simply don't buy a game or sneak a copy from a friend to try it out. Unfortunately half the games out there I haven't really liked and didn't feel were worth 50 of my hard earned dollars. I just wait until it goes on a good sale then buy it. Still waiting for the new Splinter Cell Conviction to reach $10 on sale, then i'll get it. I'm sorry but that black and white crap pisses me off.

Sarcasm

Let's hope it's actually more optimized this time to take advantage of people's hardware. I want to see 100% CPU and GPU usage, mwa ha ha

princeton

Guys. Have you tried the xbox 360 beta? It's just a bad mashup of cod and halo. The gun animations are just terrible and the game in its current state obviously wasn't playtested. Hopefully crytek fixes the issues.

princeton

sarcasm said:
Let's hope it's actually more optimized this time to take advantage of people's hardware. I want to see 100% CPU and GPU usage, mwa ha ha

Games are made so they try not to hit 100% cpu. It can cause crashes and BSoDs.

fpsgamerJR62

Here comes PC Killer version 2.0. I hope they publish realistic system requirements this time around. I don't to wait another 3 years for Nvidia or AMD to produce the video card that can run Crysis 2 high quality mode at acceptable frame rates.

princeton

fpsgamerJR62 said:
Here comes PC Killer version 2.0. I hope they publish realistic system requirements this time around. I don't to wait another 3 years for Nvidia or AMD to produce the video card that can run Crysis 2 high quality mode at acceptable frame rates.

OS - Windows 7
Processor - Not yet intevented
Memory - 192GB
GPU - Not yet invented

Were you thinking something like that?

fpsgamerJR62

LOL, something like that ! They'll probably sell a whole bunch of them even with the projected high hardware requirements. I've never known another company which made a lot of money selling tech demos :).

G

Well hopefully it is like they did with crysis warhead, more optimized and better graphics. Crysis 2 should be better optimized with better graphics then warhead, or lets hope so :)

Johny47

Good, why would it be exclusive to 360 if Xrytek's materpiece is(Crysis =P) is a PC exclusive unless microsoft payed them. Anyways I'm looking forward to playing the single player(I've always thought the multiplayer looked a bit 'tacked on' =/) looks very good and the graphics, physics etc are so detailed.

EXCellR8

you guys are aware that Crytek has stated numerous times that the game will be more forgiving on hardware requirements. imho if you have a computer that can run the original you will be able to run the sequel, with the exception of having a DX11 capable GPU. regardless, the PC demo should shed a little bit of light on what the requirements could look like. i'm glad they are releasing it on PC, but from what i'm hearing the beta is pretty rough.

G

Cost of crysis 2 =50 $ (assumed)
cost of hardware required to run crysis 2 = 5000$ (predicted)

EA must get into partnership with banks for providing loans.

edison5do

Princeton said:
sarcasm said:

Games are made so they try not to hit 100% cpu. It can cause crashes and BSoDs.

Wrong Dude!!, they are designed to get the best out of every Mhz, if they have to use the 100% in order to get done, they will use it, that´s why AMD, INTEL and Nvidia lock their product multiplier, frecuencys and bla.bla.

That´s why overclocking exist because they just put you a stop where they can guaraty that the produc will be up to the warranty. if you surpass that YOU WILL GET BSoD´s for your inestable overclock.

I really hope that this game runs on today systems.

Richy2k9

Guest said:
Cost of crysis 2 =50 $ (assumed)
cost of hardware required to run crysis 2 = 5000$ (predicted)

EA must get into partnership with banks for providing loans.

LOL ... yeah :p

I can't wait to check the demo so i'll know if my actual system can support it, else will go for PS3 version ...

cheers!