Crysis 3 Review: Nanosuit-up!

Jos

Staff
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/640-crysis-3/]https://www.techspot.com/review/640-crysis-3/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

I always felt like Crysis 2 had an undeserved bad rep simply because die-hard PC gamers were mad because they could actually run the game, and because the levels were a bit more linear.

It was still a great action game and the story told a pretty decent tale of a city under siege, up until the whole weird nano-suit transhumanism thing.

I always felt like Crysis 2 had an undeserved bad rep simply because die-hard PC gamers were mad because they could actually run the game, and because the levels were a bit more linear.

Nah, it's just a really bad game. From the lack of DX11 at release, to the constant flickering with multi GPU setups, to the really bad AI, to being a preorder that would negatively affect my future preorders... it was that bad.

It was still a great action game and the story told a pretty decent tale of a city under siege, up until the whole weird nano-suit transhumanism thing.

Here's what happened with Crysis 2. Crysis 1 blew everyone away with the graphics. It was PC-exclusive and pushed everyone's rigs to the limits with sweet delicious eye candy. The gameplay itself was actually quite new and exciting.

Crysis 2 is announced - Crytek themselves say how PC games will not be let down. The game was supposedly made-for-PC and would be an improvement on #1.

The beta launches. It looks @$&@ing terrible. There's a console stench everywhere as menu buttons on-screen show Xbox controller queues. Crytek apologises, says it's just a beta.

It launches. As said above, it launched with no DX11. The textures on Nintendo64 games were better (not opinion, fact). AI sucked, it was linear, motion blur everywhere. PC gamers felt that their beastly rigs had morphed into Xboxes. It was the biggest gaming letdown of that year. Everyone raged, everyone who pre-ordered was seething at the blatant lies Crytek fed us.

It's gonna take a lot to change that. Crysis 4 maybe, with next-gen consoles.. but even then, the reputation is tarnished forever.

That would be a disappointment from the experience I got from playing both the alpha and beta versions of this game. Best fun I've had in years, I remember destroying everyone else in hunter mode while they all tried to go after the hunters :)

Crysis 2 was a port but ok. Crysis 3 is made for high end PCs to be fully enjoyed. I run it at 2560 x 1600 with 2 gtx 680s 4gb in SLI and a i7 @ 4.8 and its smooth as butter, max settings. Love it.

Although I finished it, I nearly fell asleep a couple times playing through Crysis 2 on my PC (1600p/4x/4x-DX11- Tess+Physx/High-Res textures on Very High locked at 60FPS) but it's a great game to show off a well built system, especially with mods. I won't forget how great the campaign was for Crysis 1, it sometimes gets lost in the graphics talk bananza.
If you haven't played through the original Crysis campaign, you need to.
Anyways, nice review Kirk. I like honesty and character in a game review, not some generic opinion to please the masses.

Here's what happened with Crysis 2. Crysis 1 blew everyone away with the graphics. It was PC-exclusive and pushed everyone's rigs to the limits with sweet delicious eye candy. The gameplay itself was actually quite new and exciting.

Crysis 2 is announced - Crytek themselves say how PC games will not be let down. The game was supposedly made-for-PC and would be an improvement on #1.

The beta launches. It looks @$&@ing terrible. There's a console stench everywhere as menu buttons on-screen show Xbox controller queues. Crytek apologises, says it's just a beta.

It launches. As said above, it launched with no DX11. The textures on Nintendo64 games were better (not opinion, fact). AI sucked, it was linear, motion blur everywhere. PC gamers felt that their beastly rigs had morphed into Xboxes. It was the biggest gaming letdown of that year. Everyone raged, everyone who pre-ordered was seething at the blatant lies Crytek fed us.

It's gonna take a lot to change that. Crysis 4 maybe, with next-gen consoles.. but even then, the reputation is tarnished forever.

Nah, it's just a really bad game. From the lack of DX11 at release, to the constant flickering with multi GPU setups, to the really bad AI, to being a preorder that would negatively affect my future preorders... it was that bad.

Well part of me still says that Crysis 3 has weak potential compared to its predecessors. Indeed, this game didn't have time to polish things up including the ones you both have stated in your input. So relax. :)

Disappointing, I had some high hopes for Crisis 3, I really enjoyed the beta. I'll get it when it's $20 in a bargain bin at Big W, just to see how my rig can run it.

I can't say I have any interest in this game. I haven't played any Crysis game, but I saw a commercial for Crysis 3 yesterday. The guy was strutting around with a huge gun and blowing stuff up. It looked like a parody for a cheesy video game. I honestly thought it was a joke until the end when they showed what it was for.

Loved the first Crysis, even though I was only able to finally afford a rig good enough to play it years after.

I miss Far Cry :'( . Still the best game crytek ever made, one of the best games ever. One hit wonder?

There is Far Cry 2 and Fry Cry 3 out. Hope you know that?

Unfortunately, Crytek did not have a hand in either of the sequels. Both Far Cry 2 and 3 were developed by Ubisoft.

I vehemently disagree that Crysis 2 was better. I feel that Crysis 3 was better in every way - in story, in gameplay, in graphics. Crysis 3 was much more true to the first one, unlike Crysis 2 which felt very freedom-stifling ala CoD/MoH.

Crysis 3 is already at a 30% discount at the Origin Store... that was quick, it hasn't been even a week after release!

That's like EA admitting is really bad...

After playing Far Cry 3 for the past week I've really been looking forward to this, initially the visuals really hit the mark and I thought I was in for a treat.

How wrong could I be.

This review really sums the disapponitment I'm feeling right now. There's nothing that makes me want to go back for more, especially the nanosuit configuration which I can't be bothered with. The final in the coffin was the first driving section, after wonderfull experiance driving around the islands in Far Cry 3 I was hoping for something similar here but no, the car handles like it's on rails then derails itself at every opertunity. Even Half Life 2 (and Far Cry 2 which was woeful) managed it better and that wasn't brilliant.

And the fact that the suit was a weaker version of itself from the original Crysis and that the story from the Crysis to Crysis 2 didn't meld at all. Aliens changed completely etc.

Yeah, Crytek, EA screwed you over big time! We told you back when you burned us on Crysis, that EA was giving you bad advice. So, then you blatantly lied to us on Crysis 2, made for PC when it was an obvious port. And now... the Final installation in your "Crysis" games, is the biggest dud! LMAO! I was so happy to see that EA already had Crysis 3 onsale half-price. :)

Why is this the last Crysis game? Because we told you, don't listen to EA. Get away from them. Now you've missed millions upon millions of dollars letting them drive this in the ground.

If you would have patched our game, We would have bought the WarHead "expansion", Crysis 2, and Crysis 3 both on preorder... so let's see.. thats about $150 you didn't get from serveral million people.

What was the GREATEST GAME EVER... Only kept proving to be the biggest dissapointment in Gaming History! That is now the Legacy of Crytek.

I am a fan of Crysis and it has a great story line, great graphics.
I also like angry birds and tomb raider and having sex with my girlfriend and going out seeing mates amongst other things....basically I am normal, ya get it.

This game may not be everyone's cup of tea.

If it is you will like it, if it isn't you won't.

I'm sick to **** of hearing the same thing about literally every game review I see.

Can I just say its always the same with you people, do you ever enjoy games?

Everything is always so crap to all of you. seriously take this "up your own arse" style chip off all of your shoulders and try enjoying it for once, the hint is in the title: "game" associated with "Fun"

Maybe you should try it sometime jeeez!

Back