Currently Win 7 Pro 64, reluctant to migrate to 8. Whats on horizon?

Larsenex

Greetings,

I am currently using Win 7 Pro 64 bit. I love it. Clean, lightweight and does what it says. I have read and heard stories about not really being happy with Win 8. I am sure its better than 7 but it seems Microsoft seems to release a good OS, then a half baked OS then a good one. Like XP, I intend to stay with 7 till the reviews on the next OS are 'good' or great'..

Is there a Windows 9 in planning, or any rumors of one?

Thanks much!

+1.

MS sees that their tablet endeavours aren't too successful because of the horrendous image Windows 8 gives. For example, I was talking to my uncle about the Surface Pro 3 and he was like, "your aunt has a Windows 8 computer and it stinks! I constantly have to fix it/help her with it." Imagine what the widespread image is like if that is one of my not too techsavvy uncle.

Rumors are that MS is trying to clean up that image and bring back the desktop like cliffy said above.

Windows 9 will be out next year but it may be called something else. Windows 8 has had a couple of big updates and another is due later this year. You can customise it extensively so don't worry unduly about criticism over the lack of a traditional start menu. After using a third party application my Windows 8.1 update 1 now resembles Windows XP. I'm not excited at the prospect of Windows 8.1 update 2.

Microsoft are in such disarray that there will probably be some attractive offers to tempt Windows 7 users into uprading their OS next year.

Back