Cyberpunk 2077 drops to just $4.99 for one day only

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: Best Buy is hosting its annual spring video game sale with an interesting twist. From now through April 10, one game and accessory will be marked down daily. The savings amount will increase by $5 each day, concluding with a $40 discount on Sunday's offerings.

Today's game deal brings the cost of Cyberpunk 2077 down to just $4.99. It's available on Xbox One, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 and at this price, you really can't go wrong.

Cyberpunk 2077 arrived in December 2020 with a multitude of technical issues in tow. Developer CD Projekt Red spent the next several months addressing the problems. With the latest patch, version 1.52, many of the early issues have now been ironed out.

The HyperX Cloud Stinger Core wired gaming headset is also on sale at Best Buy. It normally goes for $39.99 but you can take one home today for PlayStation or Xbox for $14.99.

Now is a great time to pick up some new games to add to your library. In addition to Best Buy's sale, Amazon's buy two, get one free offer is still going on. GameStop is also running an identical promotion, albeit with some different games in the mix. Gog's weekly and midweek sales are also worth checking out, as is the sales page over on Steam. The Epic Games Store has a handful of titles on sale as well – some are even completely free.

Permalink to story.

Shouldn't be just one day it should be worth this much permanently to make up for their launch issues and continued lack of support: CDPR had the cojones to announce some other Witcher game before they even release a SINGLE DLC for 2077 and the more you think about it how could they even get DLC done anyway? It took them a year just to get the game to the state it should have come out at and hunt down most bugs so now it will take them at least another 2 or 3 years to start releasing actual content DLCs....If they even ever do that.

I picked it up half price just before the 1.5 patch.
Since that patch I've got 125 hours in it, and am no where close to half through the main story.

Ive completed all fixer gigs, all cyberpsychos except one thats apparently bugged and will never spawn, a majority of the NCPD markers, and tend to focus on the random side quests that pop up now over main story still.

Level 47, maxed street cred, loadout is all legendary crafted items. I don't even bother using weapons, just walk up to a place and start making heads explode, loot all the things.
It's rather satisfying.

Fun enough game, need to get further into the story line before I decide if it's a good game on top of just fun, have enjoyed it enough that I'll at least run through it again with Corpo and Nomad starts (will need to in order to do everything in game anyway.)

Very pretty game if you can run it high settings with all the ray tracing features set to at least high.

Only bugs so far (other than that borked mission) have been clipping issues with npcs or vehicles spawning inside an object or door.

I Loved this game.

I paid virtually no attention to its development nor had any idea what to expect.
Downloaded it on release night. Started playing it immediately. Was sucked in immediately.
I experienced NO "game killing bugs". I had a couple of T-posing characters but that was about it.
I livestreamed my play through and the game ran smooth even when I only had the 2080Ti (prior to me upgrading to the 3090 FTW3).

I played through as Streetkid first and then Corpo next once I understood the gameplay. I beat the game twice and decided I'd wait till all glitches and bug patches are done before I'd play through again as Nomad.

If I have one problem, it's that the main story is only worth playing through once. The side-missions are actually really good, very deep and well written.

This game was NEVER going to work on PS4 or Xbox One X. They should have waited to launch it on PS5 and Xbox SX.

I had a tremendous amount of fun.

Shouldn't be just one day it should be worth this much permanently to make up for their launch issues and continued lack of support: CDPR had the cojones to announce some other Witcher game before they even release a SINGLE DLC for 2077 and the more you think about it how could they even get DLC done anyway? It took them a year just to get the game to the state it should have come out at and hunt down most bugs so now it will take them at least another 2 or 3 years to start releasing actual content DLCs....If they even ever do that.
Permanently? Even if they add DLCs and fix all the bugs and police and AI, make it the game it was supposed to be you'd still want it permanently at $5.

Do you realize how sensational you sound all the damn time about everything you comment on?

Very pretty game if you can run it high settings with all the ray tracing features set to at least high*.
And that sums up the game’s purpose.

* purchase of an expensive GPU by the game‘s sponsor required

Only if you don't like this genre of game, in which case you weren't going to buy it in the first place lol
I e.g. like the Sci-Fi genre but that doesn‘t mean I have to like bad Sci-Fi flicks and series.

I e.g. like the Sci-Fi genre but that doesn‘t mean I have to like bad Sci-Fi flicks and series.
Some people are hating this game too much, with too much passion and they are exaggerating.

It's not a bad game. It's an incomplete game, a waste potential of an amazing game, yes, but not bad game.

I spent 100 hours in it and stopped at some point, waiting for more patches and now I won't start again until I upgrade my GPU to run it maxed out with RT ultra, because it's the best feature of the game, it's graphics. Yes, that's true, but the rest of the game is decent enough to spend lots of hours in it and have fun.

For example, a bad schi-fi game for me is The Outer Worlds. I tried to like it and play it twice and I ended up deleting that game each time after a few hours of gameplay. I don't have time, nor do I care enough to explain here why that game is not a good one for me.

I could finish Cyberpunk 2077 now, I just choose to wait a few more months for the GPU upgrade and in the mean time more patches will come.

There's one little snag that this article doesn't mention. This is only valid in the USA because I checked bestbuy.ca and Cyberpunk 2077 is still $40CAD. The fact that this is only for consoles makes it even worse. I didn't spend a pantload on an RX 6800 XT to play Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4.

Meh, I never shop at bestbuy anyway (only noobs go there) and I'm not exactly dying to play Cyberpunk 2077. :laughing:

And that sums up the game’s purpose.

* purchase of an expensive GPU by the game‘s sponsor required

Pretty is just a bonus if you have the option to do so, it does look just fine without it.

I bought the game as I felt half price for something I was mildly curious about was a fair price as I could just refund it if I didnt like it anyway. Turns out ive ended up with what I consider 30 bucks well spent.

That it can take advantage of features available on a GPU I bought 7 months prior to getting the game, well, hooray.

Last edited:
Though I have just found a nice soft lock mission bug with the I Walk The Line mission.

It's possible to kill a boss character in the mission early, and in doing so will prevent you from being able to progress through the level completely if you kill them before initiating the last part of the mission to meet the netrunner.
Simple reload of a prior save and waiting to kill said boss until after initiating last part of the mission fixed it.

There's one little snag that this article doesn't mention. This is only valid in the USA because I checked bestbuy.ca and Cyberpunk 2077 is still $40CAD. The fact that this is only for consoles makes it even worse. I didn't spend a pantload on an RX 6800 XT to play Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4.

Meh, I never shop at bestbuy anyway (only noobs go there) and I'm not exactly dying to play Cyberpunk 2077. :laughing:

I noticed the same thing regarding the "console-only" and Best Buy exclusive aspect.

I wouldn't waste money on CP on console, what a joke! Especially making BB the sole source... I'll just hoist the sails. 😁

I noticed the same thing regarding the "console-only" and Best Buy exclusive aspect.

I wouldn't waste money on CP on console, what a joke! Especially making BB the sole source... I'll just hoist the sails. 😁
Ah yes, the Swedish navy!
PirateBaypadded.jpg

Now with STEALTH!!!
VkmwLwMZ6GyFyYIOj55hL-qmkOJ0oeqWjaNYNIz80SA.jpg

One thing no one seems to bring up with this game is it's fantastic soundtrack.

One minute I'm hearing Tomb Mold (which, that alone blows my mind, Tomb Mold in a mainstream game?! Awesome!), next I'm hearing some lo-fi hip hop, then it's some electro-goth on another radio elsewhere, oh hey, this one has country playing,...wait...HEALTH are in this too?!
Great variety, and even in genres that aren't really my thing I still found myself enjoying what's playing.
Will even let the title screen track "V" play out when I load up the game and enjoy my pre-game pipe to it.

Rezodrone & The Cartesian Duelists - Kill The Messenger -I find myself pulling this up just to crank up on the stereo now.

Back