D:\ is not a valid Win32 application

Status
Not open for further replies.

beef_jerky4104

Recently I went over to a friends house to hang out. I gave him a couple of games F.E.A.R. and SW Republic Commando. He gave me World of Warcraft (Free Version, I'm using a private server he has) and Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion.

Oblivion was working fine on his two computers. And I installed WoW from the get go. So I came home today and went, darn it my new parts haven't got here yet. Oh well I can still play Oblivion on my RIG. So I reach for my CD case pull out the DVD (it is a legit copy) and put it in the drive.

I waited for a moment, it didn't autoplay. So I went into My Computer and saw that it was detected. I clicked it and it said D:\ is not a valid Win32 application. I went oh no! I remember this from when I tried to install F.E.A.R.!

Still I had no need to worry, with F.E.A.R. all I had to do was the DVD to the HDD, and use PowerISO, Daemon Tools and ISO Buster to install it. Lucky This wasn't an ISO file. I went to the folder I installed it to and ran the installer. As soon as it starts installing I asks for the next disk. Well Its a DVD and the game is only on one DVD. So my HDD methos didn't work as it would with a ripoff game.

I've tried my other DVD-RW drives. I've googled this, which didn't help. Google said to remove my 3 tools. So bye bye Daemon Tools. I restarted to the system with no avail. Chances are that with my new PC this problem will be fixed but as of right now I just want to enjoy Oblivion.

Hmmm..... It's pretty hard to tell exactly what you're saying because you're like narrating your life by saying stuff like "I went oh no!" :haha:

Well do you have another CD drive to play it on?

Also did you have any viruses lately that could have messed up your drives or something?

I just ran McAfee Anti-Virus and it only found a spyware. Which I removed, but it didn't solve the problem.

EDIT: I decided that I might be able to install the game if I copied it to a DVD-/+R. I started up Nero Startsmart and choose copy DVD. For some reason it never even displayed a nero window. I can't even create a burned CD/DVD now! On the other hand while browsing the files in the oblivion CD I noticed that up top, it said E:\. Wouldn't it normally say E:\Oblivion? Something must be really messed up. Probably some virus.

Since removing PowerISO didn't resolve the problem I've reinstalled it and am currently creating an ISO Image file of Oblivion. Once PowerISO is done creating a image file I'll mount it with either Daemon Tools or with PowerISO diskmanager.

Iv'e finished creating the ISO File. I've mounted and Installed it. During the begining of the installation it said "setup.isn is corrupted". I could choose either abort, cancel or ignore. I choose ignore and finished installing it. Now that its installed I will try and play it.

EDIT: Even though I used a virtual drive to install and at least one file was corupted I can still play the game! Its very fun. Thats for trying TS. But my past P1r@t1ng skills worked.

Make life easy backup ur important stuff, wipe that mo HDD clean re-image and re-install. Shortcuts hopefully would save you stress, works @ work alot.

Try right-clicking the D:\ icon. There should be an option called "autoplay" or "autorun" or something like that, in bold. There should ba another, called "open"; Click that and open the autorun program manually.

That always works for me.

edit:
Nevermind, I guess I should have read everyone else's posts before replying and I'd have known you already found the problem. Oops.

How to remove the after effects of

sal.xls.exe?

it makes a file autorun.inf in each and every

logical drive and is not visible even if the

"Show hidden folders" is ticked.Due to it if

i double click on a drive it asks me that "

Through which application do i want to open

that drive (Open with Dialog Box )

I am running win xp

i have removed the virus with all the virus

scanners is used zone alarm nod32 and even

avast all removed the virus completely but i

keep facing these problems

plz solve my problem..........................

How to remove the after effects of

sal.xls.exe?

it makes a file autorun.inf in each and every

logical drive and is not visible even if the

"Show hidden folders" is ticked.Due to it if

i double click on a drive it asks me that "

Through which application do i want to open

that drive (Open with Dialog Box )

I am running win xp

i have removed the virus with all the virus

scanners is used zone alarm nod32 and even

avast all removed the virus completely but i