Daily BSODs on Win 7

Hello I've been having lots of BSODs after installing a new ideo card, I took it to a technician and told me my video card was overheating so I got a new one, but I still get BSOD several times a day I need Help to fix this problem cause I'm not very good when dealing with his kind of problems

here are the minidumps

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    124.9 KB · Views: 2
How does he know it was overheating?

Did he tell you any ways to correct this problem or did he steer you to buying a new card?

If it was your video card then why are you still getting BSODs?

Did he even suggest that it might be your video card drivers?

Did he even read your minidump files?

* This isn't directed to you per se but to that tech person because it doen't appear he helped you very much (and realizing you don't have the working knowledge with these problems some of the questions are rehtorical).

* If you can, answer the questions as you can and we'll deal with the minidump files next. Also, give us your hardware specs, i.e. motherboard make, amount of RAM installed, the make and model of your video card, Power supply, etc.

How does he know it was overheating?
He ran some kind of test..

Did he tell you any ways to correct this problem or did he steer you to buying a new card?
he said getting a new card was "a way to fix it"

If it was your video card then why are you still getting BSODs?
that's what i want to know lol XD

Did he even suggest that it might be your video card drivers?
didn't even mentioned the drivers

Did he even read your minidump files?
No.

MSI 7309 motherboard
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 245 Processor, 2900 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V2.6, 9/2/2010
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.60 GB
ATI Radeo 5570 graphics card
as for the power supply i have no idea

ATI/AMD has catalyst software that allows one to adjust the fan speed. Sometimes one needs to adjust this because the video card fan can be set to like 30 to 40% of fan maximum speed. I'm not sure if this supplied for every card but more than likely it is.

Here is a simple yet effective diagnostic test you can do that costs nothing. Open your side panel, then have a small fan on its lowest settings blow into your system. Now do the things you normally did when the BSODs occur.

Do you get stability or do the system crashes continue?

Okay, more clear now. Your minidumps do not give anything definitive as the probable cause. Four simply cite Windows OS drivers and they are usually too general to be of much diagnostic help. OS drivers are stating that there is a problem but don't point to anything specifically.

The other error simple said hardware and no more.

However, all five were different error codes and when we see this there is a fair probability that your issue may be with corrupted memory.

Therefore you’ll need to run memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Back