Debugging issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stahi

Alright, I'm trying my hand at debugging via Firewire/1394, and am having some issues. Windbg on the laptop seems to run fine, but on the target system (my computer), whenever I boot up with the "Debug with 1394" option my 1394 Net Adapter vanishes and is replaced with an OHCI Compliant IEEE1394 Host Controller with the yellow exclamation point next to it.

The firewire plug in the back is connected to the motherboard, which is from 2004. The laptop is probably just as old if not a little newer, would this have something to do with my problems?

Eiother your adapter is bad (failed) or your Firewire driver(s) are bad. Go to the source of your firewire install (motherboard manufacturer, computer manufactuerer, or firewire card manufacturer) website and download the latest drivers.
Then disable ore remove the exisiting firewire drivers in Device Manager, and install new drivers.

Probably the adapter. This IS a 2003 motherboard, and the adapter in the back was never actually used. I should just get a firewire card or just start building a new system.

I'm going to do a complete re-install of WinXP though to see if that's the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back