Deleted sound drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the add adn remove to delte a couple of games then like an ***** i delted some other stuff. Now no sound and when i click on volume control it saids no active sound mixer devices....how can i fix this pease?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You need to reinstall the sound drivers.

If your computer is pre built such as Dell/HP/Compaq etc, you can get the sound drivers from your computer manufacturers website.

If your computer is custom built and has onboard sound, you can get the drivers from your mobo(motherboard) manufacturers website.

If you have a separate soundcard, then you should have a cd that came with the card. This will have the drivers on it.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

If you aren't sure how to find that info:

Download and run Everest Home (it is free):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop and then click on 'Computer' then on 'Summary', then go to the VERY top of the screen and click on 'report', then 'quick report-summary' and then 'plain text' and save it then go to C:/programs/lavalys and open that folder then open Everest Home sub-folder and then reports sub-folder and click on the report which will open it in a text editor and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the debug stuff at the bottom of the report and delete it and then save that file again and then copy and paste it to here.

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 2000 MHz (20 x 100)
Motherboard Name Asus P4C800-E Deluxe (5 PCI, 1 AGP Pro, 1 WiFi, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Canterwood i875P
System Memory 512 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (11/21/03)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:

So, you go to the Asus website and look for support for your P4C800-E Deluxe mobo and they will have the drivers.

Simple.

:)

To install drivers from the internet:

go into Windows Explorer, left click on Desktop, then File, then New and then Folder - name the folder XXXDrivers (where XXX = type, eg, AudioDrivers)

go to the site for your driver, find the RIGHT one for your mobo and OS,(click on the nearest site to you if appropriate) and then download button - when asked where to 'save' the download specify your desktop folder XXXDrivers and wait until the download is complete.

Once it is done, clear your screen and click on the desktop folder and then on the file inside - if it is a zip or rar file it will need to be unzipped or unpacked - make sure if you are asked to specify where to unzip/unpack to tell it to do so to the XXXDrivers folder.

Once you are done that, uninstall the old drivers for the device and then select the device and specify update drivers and direct the search to the folder you made (don't let Windows do it).

i truly didnt understand what CCT said lol whats the simplest way of doing it please......im not too good with computers

Click the link I gave you and on the webpage that appears, click download on the lefthand side of the page. Then, click Audio and download the first driver in the list.

Once the driver has downloaded, extract it from the zip file and double click the setup file. Follow the onscreen instructions. Once the install is complete, reboot your system. You should now have your sound working again.

Regards Howard :)

"whats the simplest way of doing it please"

Take it to a shop!

I mean, like, you click on Howards' link, you see the audio driver download in blue, you download it, yopur comp asks 'where to?', you tell it 'Desktop, AudioDrivers and hit Enter, it downloads and says DONE!

etc

This is basic stuff.

If there Are TERMS you don't undertsand, ask or Google.

But, please do SOME research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back