Dell laptop screen went black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi....I posted this earlier but I think it was on the wrong forum....I am a little "green around the gills" when it comes to this site, as I just joined and this is my first posting.

I have a Dell Inspiron 600m which I have been using for just over 2 years with virtually no problems....but about a week ago I was on a plane playing solitaire and my screen showed a few green, blue, and red squares and then went black. It sounded like it was still running, though. I turned it off and tried again a few minutes later, and it was still black but sometimes if I moved the screen back and forth I would get a brief view of my desktop. I hooked it up to an external monitor, and all of my information is still there and the whole thing runs normally. I have spoken with several repair places, and I get different answers every time so I was hoping to gain some insight via this forum. I no longer have a warranty for it, and so far no repair organizations will fix it, but they will diagnose the problem at a hefty price. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated, thanks so much for your time!!

-Kristen!

Your lcd inverter has gone bad. You can buy them on eBay for about $50 - $75, or have it repaired in a shop for about $150.
If the screen is also bad, the total cost could be $225 to $300...
Best to get a new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back