Dell latitude d600 service tag removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just bough a used Dell latitude d600 for my daughter for chirstmass from ebay. There is only one problem and I can't seem to fix it. Who ever had it before me has put the service tag to something very inapproiate. I would like to remove it so she does not see it. I was told by dell that since I do not have a legitimate service tag hey can not help me. Other people told me I could use svctag.exe or asset.exe from dell but they do not help. Does anyone have the program or programs I need to remove it and can send it to mel If so please post a link or tell me where to go to get it. I would be greatfull.

EDIT I HAVE THE ISO LINKED ITS ON PAGE TWO...PLEASE READ BEFORE MESSAGING ME :)

Moderator Edit:
No need to message anyone (I wouldn't !)
Free help here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic90285.html

Who ever had it before me has put the service tag to something very inapproiate.
What does this mean?

Besides wherever else it is, the service tag is in the BIOS. I don't see how you can remove it. Is this laptop stolen?

No its not stolen I bought it from ebay. The service tag in bios is a inapporiate word spelled in leet, my best bet is the person that owned it before me just put in for fun. But I do not want that in there since its my daughter's laptop. I tried the service tag and assest files from dell's site but they can't change it. Dell said they can not help me since the service tag is not a valid one. So I am here asking for help. I was told there is a program that will change it but I don't know where to get it or what its called. I was also told I can short something and make it go away. If anyone can help me with either way for this laptop model I would be gratefull. If you know the way to short it please step by step me on it.

Heh. I didn't mean to imply that YOU stole it. :) I read where you said you bought it on Ebay. Anyway, perhaps someone else knows of the program of which you speak.

BTW, the asset tag is not the same as the service tag. In the BIOS both are listed. So programs for the asset tag are for things like company inventory numbers, I think.

got it done :)

A VERY nice and kind man has emailed me an iso to fix my problem. If anyone reads this and needs it please fill free to reply to this and I will gladly email it to you. Ill try to find a place to host it and put it there for every ones ease of use. For me it worked for my dell latitude d600. I hope it will work for anyone else who needs it too :D

Please send me..

Please send me the files for deleting and inserting service tag on Latitude D600. That would be very kind. Email : email removed

Sincerly JW

sent bro glad I could help, and I give full credit to the person that gave it to me. And he is paragon33 on here :) Again if ya reading this paragon33 I realy appreciate ya sending it to me :)

could you send please?

nal said:
A VERY nice and kind man has emailed me an iso to fix my problem. If anyone reads this and needs it please fill free to reply to this and I will gladly email it to you. Ill try to find a place to host it and put it there for every ones ease of use. For me it worked for my dell latitude d600. I hope it will work for anyone else who needs it too :D

I have a similar issue with my Dell, could you send this prog to me as well? Thanks

email removed

nal said:
I have the same problem with my D600, is there any chance you could forward the fix to me at email removed

thanks!!

Thankyou Very Much!!!!!!!!

nal said:
sent check junk mail just in case :)

After the big headache of trying app after app to fix my no service tag problem in bios and dealing with dell just wanting to replace this motherboard again!!! I ran the program you sent and worked like a charm on my INSPIRON 1100. Thanks again!!! :) :)

I would appreciate it if you would send me the iso fix, I have the same problem. Thanks – Sam email removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back