Status
Not open for further replies.

eyemfedup2

i recently purchased a second hand dell cheep
and now the display has kinda blue lines through it
i have a dell inspiron 4100
they are both model# PP01L
is the actual display the same
will the mobo interchange from one to the other?
it seems a waste to forfeit both computers when one is a two ghz system
i would rather put the mobo in the inspiron, it looks cooler but, form follows function
i know that there are enough dells out there saturating the market somebody has replaced or noticed its similarities such as the connector from the display or mounting socket
or it's if it is the display, maybe i can swap them out.
im thinking its the actual piece of tape or ribbon connector
but the inspiron has a smaller board that connects to the mobo
i dont know as of yet whether they will interchange.
on the outside there's not much difference
what do you think
as always thanks

but the inspiron has a smaller board that connects to the mobo
The latitude should also have this "Inverter" board, if they are different then its likely they are not interchangeable
By the way, I suspect the orange flat ribbon cable only

THANK YOU I AGREE
oops caps lock not yelling
thank you for answering
no one else seems to respond much
i appreciate it
it they are both model pp01L's they should interchange i hope

Silly orange cables just dry up and crack, and fault under heat
Sometimes even re-connecting them helps, but not usually for too long ;)
If the cables are bent the same way then yes, swap them

Note: I haven't even checked the models you posted :p This is only from experience ;)

They are available at Dell Parts. They are also available on-line.
Also, there are two different video graphics systems for the Inspiron 4100, but the cable and screen are the same.
You will need to replace the inverter, which is no easy task, with a large number of small screws hidden under rubberized screw covers.
There are a number of sources for the ribbon cable, but unless you break it during removal, you will not need to replace it. If it is defective, the screen will not work at all... but yours seems to work. The cable is under the keyboard, which you remove by taking the screws out from the bottom. Then use a source of hot air to warm up the cable then remove the cable slowly and carefully while wearing rubberized gloves that are not filled with easy-on powder.
As you remove the screws on the screen, draw your self a little "map" of where the various sized screws fit, and keep each size separate. Knowing which size screws go where on re-assembly will make life better and completion faster upon re-assembly.
You will likely need to buy replacement screw covers on ebay, as they are so easily torn on removal on older laptops.
Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back