Dell Precison M90 will not power on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on an M90 laptop. The laptop will not power on at all. I have tried 3 different AC adapters and 3 different batteries that all work on other systems. I have replaced the motherboard twice and I replaced the palm rest panel with the on/off power button. This is what happens EVERY time. Without the AC adapter plugged in when I press the power button the LED light flashes green. With the AC adapter plugged in, when I press the power button, the LED light flashes green and the ac adapter light goes off. With the AC adapter plugged in, the charge light flashes green and amber. I left it plugged in overnight and tried to power it on the next morning but the same thing happened. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

You've got 2 defective motherboards. Where are you buying them from? Are they reconditioned boards or are they new?

I'm ordering them directly from Dell. Sometimes they send new motherboards and sometimes they send refurbished ones. I didn't think it could be the motherboard because normally when it's the motherboard, the LED indicators lights don't even come on at all. But I will order another one and see if that's the case. Thanks.

" I didn't think it could be the motherboard because normally when it's the motherboard, the LED indicators lights don't even come on at all..."

After you get the third motherboard, you may never say this again. I have 2 laptops in here for service right now. Both have some light activity very similar to your problem. The motherboards are bad. I don't know if a shorted LCD inverter can do this, but you might want to check it out before you install the 3rd motherboard. You have checked the hard drive and memory I hope. Also check for any bad add-on cards like modem, Blu-Ray and NICs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back