Dell UltraSharp U4919DW Monitor Review

How could anyone try to game on something like this? For me those Ultrawide monitors aren't high enough :p

n8MImzf.jpg

I'm not sure this is practical. How wide do you want to go? Maybe suitable for split-screen multiplayer games.

How could anyone try to game on something like this? For me those Ultrawide monitors aren't high enough :p

While this monitor isn't targeted at gamers, it's aspect ratio is 32:9, meaning that it's the size of 2 proper 27" inch 16:9 monitors. So it's not short like your usual ultra wide, but short monitors. That being said, I prefer 16:10. :)

Seems good for pros who need that space without the bezel. For everyone else it makes more sense to just get two monitors.

"And overall I think this is a much better option for productivity than a 1080p class equivalent, the higher 5120 x 1440 resolution makes a huge difference."

Totally agree on office usage of this monitor. However for regular consumer practicality, or a person working at home I'd like to see a 37" version of this monitor (one and one half 27-inch 1440p monitors) with overall resolution of 3840 x 1440...

"Dell will sell you two UltraSharp 27-inch 1440p monitors for $350 each, or two with PremierColor for $550 each, both options cost less than this 49-inch superultrawide at $1350."

The initial price is higher than justification. It shouldn't be more than $1000. Also the base should have been used to house some USB out ports and wireless charging pad.

Im waiting for the Samsung C49RG9 49" 32:9 120 Hz Curved FreeSync HDR 1000 nits LCD Gaming Monitor review although it is a VA panel it has better overall specs than all other monitors in this aspect ratio for gaming.

Im waiting for the Samsung C49RG9 49" 32:9 120 Hz Curved FreeSync HDR 1000 nits LCD Gaming Monitor review although it is a VA panel it has better overall specs than all other monitors in this aspect ratio for gaming.
That Samsung monitor looks amazing; on paper, at least. I need to research more on it.

I remember when I used to raid in vanilla WoW, having a dual Viewsonic 15" setup (each having a resolution of 1280*1024). I'd have the game one screen and TeamS peak and Ventrillo on another screen with ElitistJerks' site open in Firefox (to review boss strategies and such); periodically glancing over from one screen to the other.

I don't raid anymore, let alone play WoW (or any other MMOs). But at least with a single double-wide monitor, I can connect my desktop and consoles into it and bounce between either console via PiP selections at will.

Just why, exactly, does tech spot show pix of a monitor to be seen on our so so ones that cannot show any more quality than they can? Talk about dumb...

It looks like a tapeworm. For flight sims I'd rather have 3 monitors than this one ultra-wide, which only replaces 2 monitors. And for anything else other than simulations I'd rather have some space filled by height, where the monitor lacks, rather than moving my head left and right like watching a tennis match.

Back