Desktop doesn't turn on

NTAPRO

My desktop pc no longer turns on. A lot of water was coming from the ceiling and although the it was not on the ground, it was just a little above it and I believe that there was a lot of water was splashing near it. Someone put a towel over it but didn't move it somewhere else >_>

When I plug in the power cord, the green light in the back comes on so I think that means it's getting power but when I press the power button, the green light goes of and the pc doesn't come on. I don't know what to do but at least hope I can at least reuse the HDD just in case we get a new pc.

Would it be best to get a new motherboard or a new pc? Is it likely that the hdd still works? I would like like to at least keep that. If I get a new motherboard, will I need to get a new video card also?

Would it be best to get a new motherboard or a new pc? Is it likely that the hdd still works? I would like like to at least keep that. If I get a new motherboard, will I need to get a new video card also?

It's up to you if you would rather have a new PC. The hard drive should be okay and new motherboards can come with on-board graphics. If you have a PCIe video card, you can probably use it on the new motherboard

Thanks for the help. Just have to decide on whether to get new pc or new motherboard lol. :p

Back