Device driver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a nice Dell XPS laptop 1340 with a nvidia geforce 9500m series graphics card, 4 gig of ram, and P8800 2.66mghz processor and for some reason it cant manage to play even the simplest games.

I've tried a variety of small games including DnD online, and Portal. both of which worked almost perfectly on my older laptop that never had the power this one does.

Every time I try to play any of those, or anything requiring more power, it just doesn't work. The screen will go black and I'll have to task manage my way out of it. When I do get out of the game though there is a notice in my system tray about the device drivers having failed and just recovered. I just changed my OS to Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and it works a little better than it did on Vista. But just recently it cause a BSOD with an error I didn't get to completely read before shutting down. It said something about the device drivers not functioning properly and windows was shutting down to protect my machine from any damage.

I have tried deleting the drivers and reinstalling them, I have reinstalled my OS and others, I've tried to talk to dell and no one there will listen to me they just want to delete and reinstall my drivers over and over again but thats not working, does anyone here have any ideas or help? I would really appreciate it! <3
-Anthie

Before installing a graphics driver did you uninstall the old driver first?

Mailpup:

Yes I did, each and every time, I made sure they were completely uninstalled and irradiated. After that I then reinstalled them from nvidia, and it still didn't work. I then redid the process and tried the dell drivers and it didn't work again, so I did all of this again with the drivers it came with and again it didn't work. I even tried installing all the drivers at once but it didn't work either. x.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back