Diablo IV's fourth character class is the Rogue

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: BlizzCon 2021 kicked off in spectacular fashion on Friday with news that is sure to delight Diablo fans. On top of officially revealing Diablo II: Resurrected as a faithful remaster of the original, Blizzard revealed a fourth playable class of character for Diablo IV.

The Rogue is a carryover from the original Diablo, and can specialize in both ranged and close quarters combat using bows and daggers, respectively. She primarily relies on imbued weapons, powerful combo attacks, deadly poisons and shadow magic to get the job done.

In developing the new class, Diablo IV game director Luis Barriga said they used the original Rogue as an aesthetic and fantasy starting point, then mixed in some of their favorite elements from other dexterity classes. Finally, they baked in some new ideas “that we felt specifically appropriate for the Diablo Rogue.”

“The class actually feels really fresh,” Barriga told Polygon.

Blizzard confirmed earlier this month during its earnings call that Diablo IV is not on its roadmap for release in 2021 (and neither is Overwatch 2).

Diablo IV first broke cover at BlizzCon 2019 with three character classes in tow: Barbarian, Druid and Sorceress. A fifth character class is in the works and will be available at launch, although when either of those takes place is anyone’s guess.

Permalink to story.

Meh, blizzard lost my interest when they stopped doing anything but wow , or milking the public like they did with starcraft 2 that was broken into 3 separate purchases.
I foresee whirlwind barbs being best class again with sorcs and magic users taking a hit on playability as thats what they have done each time so far.
Not holding my breath for anything worthy from them.

Meh. 40 euros for Diablo 2 remake? Mnope.
Burning crusade? Mnope. I'll never pay a dime for an MMO.
overrated overwatch? Doesn't exist for me.
We'll talk about me arse buying new games when Reforged is fixed.

Meh, blizzard lost my interest when they stopped doing anything but wow , or milking the public like they did with starcraft 2 that was broken into 3 separate purchases.
I foresee whirlwind barbs being best class again with sorcs and magic users taking a hit on playability as thats what they have done each time so far.
Not holding my breath for anything worthy from them.

Blizzard is just a shell of its former self. They have been sell outs, people in suits and shitty positions called "Marketing" have overtaken the company. When that happens, all the passion, the emotion is sucked out of the game.

On the other hand, the art department is still doing well and you can still tell they care. But the whole company is bottlenecked by the higher ups, a sad story of many businesses.

Diablo III ... *yawn*...

Diablo IV ... zzzzzz...

Diablo died with Diablo II. True Blizzard died after Warcraft III.

Those who are helming what's remaining of the name "Blizzard" now are arrogant, greedy, insensitive, corporate !@#tards.

Diablo III ... *yawn*...

Diablo IV ... zzzzzz...

Diablo died with Diablo II. True Blizzard died after Warcraft III.

Those who are helming what's remaining of the name "Blizzard" now are arrogant, greedy, insensitive, corporate !@#tards.

Nah original WoW was a thing of passion, even though they stole half the concepts "stole"...

Back