Did my iPad die?

learninmypc

Fully recharged it earlier today, used it at noon PST no problem, sitting here this evening I heard the email notifier sound, picked it up, lifted the lid on it but it did not go to the desktop :( like normal. I pushed the home button to go to desktop but still nothing. Pushed the power on/off button , nothing. Plugged it in to see if it would recharge, nothing. Anyway to get my pictures/videos off it?? #Help please.I think its an ipad 1, a few years old. Oddly enough, my iphone 4s still works great for pictures & web surfing.

Ok, an update. I tried a forced reboot & it showed the battery was dead so I plugged it in, pushed the power & home button again & its been showing the apple logo & red battery icon for a few minutes.

Which version Ipad do you have, its hard to figure out where the problem might be coming from.

Oddly enough, it just came back to the desktop so I'm saving ALL my pics & videos to my W10 desktop. It shows 7% battery.
Version I think is 9.3.5 (13G36).

Thanks @MaikuTech & @jobeard , ts back to 100% & with crossed fingers, I hope it lives for a couple more years :)
To manage battery drain, I recommend:
  • disable or remove widgets; they run all the time in background
  • make sure Location Services are only used where you need them AND then set them to Only When Active

Back