Display will not cooperate

Status
Not open for further replies.

lda007

This is a strange issue. Windows does not stretch (for a lack of a better word) to the width of the screen (19" Dell). I can set the width to 100 and there will still be a bout 1" of blank screen left. I uninstall and reinstalled the driver. Resolution is 1027 x 768 at 85 MHz, which is what the monitor help function recommends. Any suggestion?

CRT=Cathode Ray Tube. The older standard, large, heavy, deep TV type monitor. The other would an LCD, liquid crystal display. An LCD is a thin, flat space saving monitor.

If your Dell is a CRT, it might have a model number of M992 or M993 or similar.

Anyway, if it's a CRT it should have manual controls on the front to widen or lengthen the image. It can also center the image by moving it left or right and up and down.

The monitor is CRT (DELL 992). I tried the manual controls. I moved the picture left and right and tried to widen the image (100 on the manual control). I reinstalled the drives and tried again. I believe the monitor just doesn't like me. LOL. Anyway,I believe it is a hardware issue. Perhaps the driver is not being accepted. By the way, it did work properly once. I did not mess around with the settings, I just turned the computer and monitor on one day and it wass like this. I was using a much higher resolution (1600 x ???) and it worked fine. I don't know what hapened.

Follow up

I should mention that the dark image (the area around windows xp image does widen to the correct size. Windows is not the same size as the screen image (the dark area). The dark area moves when i adjust the monitor setting. It will move left, right and will stretch. Again, the windows image is about 1" smaller when set to the recommended resolution and refresh rate.

display will not cooperate Reply to Thread

I have search the internet for suggestion and have come up empty handed. Does anyone now of a good troube shooting web page for this problem?

I could be misunderstanding the situation but have you clicked the "maximize" button? The one between the minus and plus boxes in the upper right corner of the window?

I tried the max button. There is no change.

To better explain, widows is not as wide as the moitor view area. The view area will widen and narrow by using the buttons on the monitor. The view area is as wide as the monitor (a different shade of dark area is noticable). I connot hover over the edge of the windows exployer or internet exployer and stretch the browser to be as wide as the view area.
Sorry that I don't know the terminology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back