Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Status
Not open for further replies.

samoVista

Thats pretty much the problem.
I've been getting Blue Screened often with that error, the cause is unknown, sometimes it will be when I load a game, or load my network connection, anything.
First it was rarely, now its becoming often.
Windows XP 32-Bit Home Edition SP3.

That error is usually caused by a driver but can be due to faulty or mismatched memory. Right now we don't have enough information to do anything at this moment.

Give us your system hardware along with your security software. Also, attach your five latest minidumps and Zip them together in one Zip file. The next time you post notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom and it gives you everything you need to do this.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder).

I tried moving some of my hardware around to no avail.
Oh but I don't know if this helps, apparently it's hese bastards causing the BSOD everytime.
C:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERdf37.dir00\Mini061709-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERdf37.dir00\sysdata.xml

I read all six minidumps and you have five different error codes. Before I commence you need to be aware that a DXDIAG is very limitied as to what information it gives. It does not give hardware specs such as make and model of motherboard, type and the amount of RAM installed, cpu, or power supply make and amount of wattage it supplies; plus security software is nowhere listed. In the future if hardware and other items are requested please do so.

Your first error is 0x1A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and this usually hardware related. This dump specifically cited corrupted memory as the issue.

Your second error is 0x4E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
This indicates that the memory management Page File Number list is corrupted. Can be caused by corrupt physical RAM, or by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists.

This error specifically cited the Symantec driver Symevent.sys as the problem. We have lost count of how many people who have posted here have issues with this software and particularly this driver. However, this error is a very strong indicator of corrupted memory.

You have two 0x50 errors: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Nothing definitive was cited.

You have one 0x8E error and though analysis was inconclusive these errors are almost always caused by hardware issues andd are particularly strong indicators of corrupted memory.

The last three errors are 0xD1 and though they are often caused by drivers they can also be caused by mismatched or faulty memory. In all three ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE was the stated.

* With the various error codes I strongly suggest you firsy run Memtest on your RAM. Please make sure you don't cut this process short. It needs to run a minimum of 7 passes but more is a good thing.

See this link and follow directions: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

*** Get back to us with the results.

Those are basically your minidump files. If i could help more I would, but I have a similuar problem.

Those are basically your minidump files. If i could help more I would, but I have a similuar problem.

Start your own thread and tell us what the issues are, when they are happening, along with system hardware, OS, and security software.

Some tips:

Redo your page file, by changing the min/max to the same number and reboot.
Defrag HD lately? Search for freeware Defraggler, it's a good one.
I hope you have that on a different hard drive then your Windows OS.
Clean your RAM slots and reseat your RAM sticks as well, check in there and make sure all fans are working.... heat and dust are the enemy.
That Memtest BOOT CD is definitely in order, as already mentioned. (free)
In any case, before I'd spend any $ on hardware, I'd wipe and drop a fresh Windows, and see if that solves it.
If you are overclocking, stop... maybe too late and the damage is already done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back