Dualboot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all:

I have a brand new HP Laptop that came with Vista Home Premium preinstralled ,and as many of you encountered there's still a good bunch of softwares that is not running under Vista so I thought about adding Windows XP SP2 as a second OS ,I thought that it would be an easy process but I was very wrong.

My laptop has two partitions ,the (c) partition with Vista installed and the HP RECOVERY (d) drive ,I used the SHRINK feature in windows vista to get an un allocated space of 10 GB to install XP on it ,I put the XP cd in the CD ROM drive and booted ,first problem was that XP will not detect my harddisk ,after quick googling I disabled the SATA option in the BIOS and the setup started normally ,I gave the prtition the (H) letter and formatted it with NTFS system ,the setup went on as usual and in the last phase before opening for the first time I noticed it was installing something like(RAID DRIVER) or something like that ,suddenly the laptop restarted and then it came up with the screen of the (safe mode ,safe mode with networking..etc) options to choose from ,and every time I choose any option it will restart and stop at the same screen ,I put the winxp cd again and tried to use the repair console but there is no repair option and worse of that it doesn't detect that there's any previous windows installations already there ,not the vista nr the incomplete xp installation but it can see all the logical partitions with the letters and the free space information correctly ,I decided to delete the partition that I tried to install XP on it(the letter was H) ,thought that now it will load vista normally after getting rid off the incomplete XP installation ,restarted and there was the following message on the screen:

windows couldnot start because of a computer diskhardware configuration problem.
couldnot read from the selected bootdisk ,check both the bath and disk hardware.

worse than that I couldn't start th HP recovey option ,the vista system is pre installed and I haven't backed it up on DVD (a big mistake) ,i tried pressing the F11 as stated on the manual but nothing happens ,and now I have no VISTA ...NO XP....SO WHAT CAN I DO:dead: ??PLEASE HELP ME

If you have S-ata drives and Vista is on one of them that means you should NOT have messed with the S-ata setting in bios.

Put it back as it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back