DVD Burner/ CD-RW drive Detects but wont run

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBNSB

Ive Been having Trouble with my Lite-on DVD CD RW combo drive.
the drive will detect disks allowing me to access via Explore and open but when i want the application to start i get prompted to insert the disk into the drive.
And it wont even detect my Monitors software disk. But i did get it to work with my BF2142 DVD but i had to Explore the Disk and click on the auto run and from there it went.

not all drives read all media from all vendors but its possible that you only have to clean the laser with a cleaning cd. worst case would be that the drive has lost it. maybe you should just go for a new drive. they are cheap and support dvd-rw and so on as well.

allowing me to access via Explore and open but when i want the application to start i get prompted to insert the disk into the drive.

Example of what I think:
User runs setup from explorer, error message displays that program must be run from main menu, please re-insert disc to display main setup menu

Please reply back DCBNSB, we can't both be right !
More info required.

ok, that makes sense (even to me lol)
well lets see what he says... and whether we can help him.

Ok i did the auto play fix. and i added another CD drive and it reads fine.... i think that my drive lost it.... sigh .... walmart fall apart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back