Elon Musk drops his first EDM song on SoundCloud

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: When you are involved in as many endeavors as someone like Elon Musk, it’s good to have a hobby or some other sort of distraction to help keep you sane. For Musk, one of those hobbies is apparently music production.

The serial entrepreneur on Friday dropped a music track on SoundCloud titled, “Don’t Doubt ur Vibe.” The accompanying artwork depicts what appears to be a Tesla Cybertruck floating past Mars, no doubt paying homage to the Tesla Roadster that accomplished this very feat back in late 2018.

I’m not sure what that arcade-style button in the center represents, however. Any ideas?

Musk, as you may know, is dating musician Grimes which could explain his interest in music creation. It’s also plausible that she produced the song, hence why it has all the trappings of a professional EDM track.

Musk even shared a couple of photos of him at the mixers although it is unclear if he is actually doing anything more than posing. Also, what are those N64 controllers for? Is there a retro gaming fan in the house or are they somehow involved in the creation of music?

Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below, and whether or not you think the track is at all decent.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Spare me., I could tolerate only about 30 seconds of the first Grimes track to which I attempted listening.

She kind of sounds like, "The Chipmunks", doing "K-Pop".

I wonder if she also squeals at octave 6 when she's in bed with the "Muskster".

Last edited:
nY1SVr7.gif

Fear not! He probably did not inhale. ?
I'm just amazed that the vain jacka** allowed that much smoke to get in the way of his head shot.

If he did inhale that noxious cloud, he'd have probably coughed all the way through the session. OTOH, maybe he just told the stockholders he "didn't inhale".

Nobody got my joke @ post #2, or it just wasn't funny.? I need to know.

Still, sounds pretty soft and spacious. I wonder if this track was mixed on a console or just summed through a summing mixer.

I got it. I liked the MLK reference better - thus prompted my reference to the quote "I did not inhale"....[ ]....
I missed connecting that quote with JFK. It's become part of the vernacular, and thus somewhat less associated with a particular individual. "My bad", as the children say.

Still, sounds pretty soft and spacious. I wonder if this track was mixed on a console or just summed through a summing mixer.
"A long, long time ago", before there were "summing mixers", bands did "spacious, melodic, and airy", like this>

Yet they still somehow managed to retain a sliver of intellectual content.

Black Noise
FM
Black Noise
Black Noise
As the dawn breaks, the mist clears, the story unfolds
With the battle plans ready each man is told
Not to rest while the last of the enemy stands
For the dream of the future they hold in their hand
To live To love
In a heartbeat, on a clear day, in the land we call home
Where the earth seems to move with a presence unknown
As each man hears a sound that is felt through the air
For the dream of the future they rise and they dare
To live To love
As the night falls, the moon dreams, the city unwinds
It's each man for himself, and he grabs what he finds
But he's caught by the noise, from the blackness it sounds
So he turns from the street and he crawls underground
To live To love

Bonus Track..! (check out the electric mandolin)

"A long, long time ago", before there were "summing mixers", bands did "spacious, melodic, and airy", like this>

We are talking about different things. I was talking about mix properties.

We are talking about different things. I was talking about mix properties.
That's exactly right, you're talking about regurgitating electronic noise at musical frequencies, and I'm talking about synthesized music as music.

I put the FM tracks up to specifically show what could be accomplished with synth based prog rock, as opposed to some douche pretending to smoke a cigar.

Of course, I full well realize that FM,, as a band, couldn't hold a candle to Kim Kardashian's a** these days, but I'll hold my observations on devolution for another session.

Last edited:

Black Noise
FM
Black Noise
Black Noise
As the dawn breaks, the mist clears, the story unfolds
With the battle plans ready each man is told
Not to rest while the last of the enemy stands
For the dream of the future they hold in their hand
To live To love
In a heartbeat, on a clear day, in the land we call home
Where the earth seems to move with a presence unknown
As each man hears a sound that is felt through the air
For the dream of the future they rise and they dare
To live To love
As the night falls, the moon dreams, the city unwinds
It's each man for himself, and he grabs what he finds
But he's caught by the noise, from the blackness it sounds
So he turns from the street and he crawls underground
To live To love

Bonus Track..! (check out the electric mandolin)

I don't know what you will think of this, Captain, however, this is one of my favorite Solar Fields albums. IMO, he is a musician! In comparison, Musk simply passes gas. ;)

I was thinking of Bill Clinton. :laughing:

You can't see me, but I have an ashamed and confused look on my face. It appears that I'm a graduate of the "Boston Institute for the Chronically Wrong".

I will update to Windows 10, so that can show my true despair with its new set of emojis

And then there is Marco Torrance - whom people frequently butcher with "remixes" to make it "dance music." However, these are unadulterated versions.

Back