Emisoft anti-malware

circusboy01

I saw this from Filehippo. It says it monitors all active programs in real time. Sounds pretty powerful. Maybe it's something I could use..
I want to start using it. But I need to find out if it's compatible with. Avast, Spywareblaster, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, and Spybot S&D.
Thanks Ray

I can't answer your question.

I can say a ran Emisoft Anti-Malware for a whole year and never had system sluggishness.

That's good to know for a start. Thanks. Now I need to know if it's compatable with my other protection. Ray

I decided to install Emisoft While doing so I discovered it used to be called A-Squared. Maybe some of you are more familiar. with it by that name. It was anti Malware of the year in 2009. Still one wonders why a name change was needed.
Perhaps because it had a bad rep under the old name?
I uninstalled it right away,because it turned out to be free trial. not freeware. I don't do free trials.I never remember when the trial ends.

I'm running Emsisoft with Malwarebytes, they're compatible.. after the free trial ended, I install another AV from other vendor as my primary AV, I don't uninstall emsisoft because I can still use it as on-demand scanner, and they say it's powerful and often suggested for on-demand scanner..
I don't know the reason why they change the name, what I know is Emsisoft claim their product offers better protection since they are using two AV engines integrated (paired with AV engine from Ikarus)

I'm running Emsisoft with Malwarebytes, they're compatible.. after the free trial ended, I install another AV from other vendor as my primary AV, I don't uninstall emsisoft because I can still use it as on-demand scanner, and they say it's powerful and often suggested for on-demand scanner..
I don't know the reason why they change the name, what I know is Emsisoft claim their product offers better protection since they are using two AV engines integrated (paired with AV engine from Ikarus)

I always end up being charged. Because I never remember to uninstall before "free trial" is over.

I never give anyone a way to charge, until I'm willing to make a payment.

What, exactly, do you mean? I know, when you accept a free trial, you sign up just like you would if you were buying the paid version. You give them your credit card #, your E-mail address, all the same info. You agree, that if you don't opt out before the trial date ends. At the end of the trial, they can charge your card for the paid version. Willingness to make a payment wouldn't have anything to do with it. They take the payment. Whether you like it or not. What kind of situation are you talking about?:confused:

You give them your credit card #, your E-mail address, all the same info. You agree, that if you don't opt out before the trial date ends.
Some support "hook, line, and sinker" methods to make a buck, I do not. I only give a CC# when expecting a transfer of funds. Talk about a security risk, waving a CC# around to every free trail-ware provider on the Internet.

@circusboy01: Charged? Really? Well, I download it directly from their website.. I don't remember if I need to register it first (but, as far as I can remember, I don't need to register it when installing Emsisoft). Maybe you're using another version.. I'm using version 6.05. When the trial ends, I still can use Emsisoft, but several features is disabled, such Guard protection/real-time protection, auto update, behaviour blocker, surf protection.. (my Emsisoft security status: "freeware mode - no real time protection") So I can only use it as on-demand scanner, and I can still update it manually.

Why are you using two anti-malware programs? I would get rid of the Emisoft thingy right away.

Malwarebytes (free, tried and tested) would suffice.

As for a decent (free) anti-virus program, MS Security Essentials is pretty good.

Your computer at least must have three components to protect from virus/malware
1. Antivirus component
2. Antimalware component
3. firewall

now, the reason why I'm using several AV and antimalware programs because:
First: Emsisoft is famous for its powerful scanner, several forums suggest it as powerful on-demand-scanner, and Emsisoft consist of AV + antimalware component
Second: Malwarebytes is for supplementary alongside with your main AV

if your computer only using Malwarebytes alone without other AV, it wouldn't be suffice. Moreover if it just free version, don't have real-time protection..

MSE is a decent AV, but you can get another better AV program and free

I currently use MSE,Spybot S&D,SAS & Mbam & have not seen any nasties on this machine in a looooong time.
I had avast but it kept giving me problems.
Now I realize circusboy01 is using W7 & I'm using XP Pro mce but I've also been told my set up is great. I also have SpywareBlaster but it is NOT a scanner & of course Comodo firewall.
I've put the same programs I have on a friends Vista & other W7 pc & no problems.

Some support "hook, line, and sinker" methods to make a buck, I do not. I only give a CC# when expecting a transfer of funds. Talk about a security risk, waving a CC# around to every free trail-ware provider on the Internet.

Where did you get the idea that I waved a CC# around to every free trial-ware provider on the Internet.?
I only signed up for 3 free trial offers before I realized that I had a hard time remembering when the trial was over. These were well known well established companies. I did not give my CC# to any dishonest/fly by night organizations. But thank you for your concern.

Ok,I use Ccleaner too, but its neither an AV or Anto Malware program. Its explaine better right here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCleaner
I dunno why you went back to Avast.

We have known each other for how long? Still you feel you need to explain to me what CCleaner is? I know what CCleaner is and what it does. I've had it forever. You know this. I know it's not an AV or AM program. But it's part of the 6 things I use to keep my computer clean, and running smoothly. After all the problems AVG gave me, and all the problems I had getting rid of it. You don't know why I went back to Avast? I went back because It is one of the top ranked free AVs, and it has never given me a bit of trouble.
I know this post is harsh, and I apologize for that. But I'm in kind of a harsh mood. Hope this don't jinx our friendship.:)

We have known each other for how long? Still you feel you need to explain to me what CCleaner is? I know what CCleaner is and what it does. I've had it forever. You know this. I know it's not an AV or AM program. But it's part of the 6 things I use to keep my computer clean, and running smoothly. After all the problems AVG gave me, and all the problems I had getting rid of it. You don't know why I went back to Avast? I went back because It is one of the top ranked free AVs, and it has never given me a bit of trouble.
I know this post is harsh, and I apologize for that. But I'm in kind of a harsh mood. Hope this don't jinx our friendship.:)
Maybe I mis read (understood) post #14,but you were mentioning your security programs & included Ccleaner so since I know others that thought it was, I put that there to clarify it.
In My personal Opinion, ALOT of people hate MSE ONLY because its a MS product.
Thanks for the lashing:). No need to apologize, we're only human.(y)

Maybe I mis read (understood) post #14,but you were mentioning your security programs & included Ccleaner so since I know others that thought it was, I put that there to clarify it.
In My personal Opinion, ALOT of people hate MSE ONLY because its a MS product.
Thanks for the lashing:). No need to apologize, we're only human.(y)

It wasn't MSE I had problems with. It was AVG. In fact I had MSE for awhile. But I just really like Avast. It has never let me down. Don't know why, every once in a while, I try different ones. Bordom maybe???:D

It wasn't MSE I had problems with. It was AVG. In fact I had MSE for awhile. But I just really like Avast. It has never let me down. Don't know why, every once in a while, I try different ones. Bordom maybe???:D
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I've thought about checking others out,but like they say, "If it aint broke, don't fix it", or words to that effect.

there is a question about ccleaner or registry cleaner program I want to ask to you guys, some people (expert in IT) from this forum (including Malware annihilator) suggest me to not use registry cleaner for cleaning registry issues, except for cleaning temporary files.. can you give me some explanation about this? or maybe you had any bad-experience related to registry cleaner, perhaps? right now I'm using ccleaner business edition, but I only use it for cleaning temporary files..

Back