Enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys help me please im buying a PC this week and i dont know if this is enough for little gaming(americas army) and internet, and dvd burns watching movie thru internet et.. sorry im a novice in computer and dont want to spend so much. heres the spec i have found .

Mobo - Asus P5GCC-MX Atx motherboard sokel 775 intel 995 GC chips. (is this good mobo?)
Ram - 2x 1024 ddr2 800 PC800 samsung
HDD - 320 gb Sata 2 7200rpm
Graphicc card - Nvidia G-force 8600GT 512 MB ddr2 PCI-E
PSU - 400 watts 500SL power (do i need to upgrade to 550 Watts?)
cost - 450 EURO around $700 US dollars
is this a good buy?

thanks for any advice.

the Seller says i can upgrade or change any component which i like.

luckystrike said:
Guys help me please im buying a PC this week and i dont know if this is enough for little gaming(americas army) and internet, and dvd burns watching movie thru internet et.. sorry im a novice in computer and dont want to spend so much. heres the spec i have found .

Mobo - Asus P5GCC-MX Atx motherboard sokel 775 intel 995 GC chips. (is this good mobo?)
Ram - 2x 1024 ddr2 800 PC800 samsung
HDD - 320 gb Sata 2 7200rpm
Graphicc card - Nvidia G-force 8600GT 512 MB ddr2 PCI-E
PSU - 400 watts 500SL power (do i need to upgrade to 550 Watts?)
cost - 450 EURO around $700 US dollars
is this a good buy?

thanks for any advice.

the Seller says i can upgrade or change any component which i like.

I don't see a "P5GCC-MX" on Asus's website, nor does a 995 chipset exist as far as I'm aware. However, I do see a few "P5GC-MX" motherboards on their site, all of which are based on Intel's 945 chipset. The quality of those boards is open to interpretation. They all support the Core 2 Duo, although you have not mentioned a processor (nor an optical drive/case) in your list from what I can see. Are you buying these after the fact, or have you forgotten to include them?

The RAM/HDD/VPU sound okay specification-wise.

You haven't provided an exact model for your PSU, so, I can't say whether or not it's something you should trust in your PC. There is much more to consider in a PSU than the wattage output. Something such as the ELT400AWT would be more than sufficient (and trustworthy) for the setup you are considering.

I'm not sure on the pricing because I don't know what outlets and prices are available to you. However, the P5GC-MX, RAM/HDD/VPU (and a free game) with the same specifications you listed along with the PSU I suggested (which is probably of a better quality than what is being offered) can be had for about $300 on Newegg.com. Again, this does not include a CPU, optical drive or case.

Here are the minimum and recommended specifications for America's Army:

Minimum:

Pentium III 766, 128 MB RAM, Windows 98/ME/XP/2000, DirectX 8.1, 32 MB DirectX-compatible video card with hardware T&L support, DirectX-compatible sound card, 4x CD-ROM(CD version only), 600 MB hard-disk space, and an Internet connection

Recommended:

Pentium 4 1.4GHz, 256MB RAM, 64MB GeForce2 or similar 3D card, 1GB disk space, EAX 3.0 compatible sound card

You will break the recommended requirements by far if you are going to build around the P5GC-MX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back