Error codes

So I'm working on my brothers computer I have no idea when and why it started happening but it kicked up the error codes. I could really use some help.

BCCode: F4
BCP1: 00000003
BCP2: 862A0DA0
BCP3: 862A0F14
BCP4: 805011F8
OSVer: 5_1_2600
SP: 2_0
Product: 2_0

and tec codes:

C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6a0d.dir00\mini070508-01.dmp
and
C;\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6a0d.dir00\sysdata.xml

WHAT DO?

First, check your SATA cables and make sure they are securely connected.

Second...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

So I checked the sata cables and they seemed fine but here is the mini dump folder that you wanted

Attachments

• Mini070508-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini102608-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
There are two major issues cited in your dumps. One cited memory corruption but the other one cited hardware disk. The latter in this case is more critical. Though corrupted memory is notorious for throwing out different codes and causing dumps to cite various reasnons, in the case of possible harddrive crash we need to tackle this first. A.S.A.P. back up everything of importance. There is the possibility that your harddrrive could fail at any moment.

Tell us the make of your harddrive, i.e. Western Digital, Seagate, etc.

Maxtor was bought out by Segate a few years ago. Therefore go to Seagate's website and download their free harddrive diagnostic utility called Seatools.

Burn this utility to a CD. In the BIOS place the order of your DVD drive as First Bootable. Place CD with Seatools in said drive and reboot. The utility will engage seconds after reboot.

Run the following tests in this order (this will take time; be patient): S.M.A.R.T., Short DST, and especially the Long DST.

* Get back to us with the results.

Back