Error in event viewer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayno20

I keep getting this error and im not sure what it is... can anyone tell me what it is and how to make it stop showing up?

Grabby1-5.jpg

errors21.jpg

jayno20 said:
I keep getting this error and im not sure what it is... can anyone tell me what it is and how to make it stop showing up?

The WMI adaptor is a service and is dependant on other services, click start>run> services.msc to launch the services list and see what dependencies it has, it may be the RPC service has an error, either way it controls some of windows functions such as the security centre and windows firewall, its possible it may be a virus and or spyware causing it to fail.

Regards

apparently the Service runs only when Performance Data Helper is running, and i disabled it to free up some resources and what not.. so is wmi adapter something i NEED to have running or can i just disable it too?

jayno20 said:
apparently the Service runs only when Performance Data Helper is running, and i disabled it to free up some resources and what not.. so is wmi adapter something i NEED to have running or can i just disable it too?

Like I said, look at the dependancies, if there is nothing imprtant listed then yes you should be able to disable it, I tried that and windows started it again at bootup.

Regards

yeah i disabled it and it didnt have any dependancies so i guess im good... i'd kinda like more info on what it actually does but im unable to find any...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back