Experience with Yandex internet browser?

Nero7

Hello.
I used to be an Opera user until I got ultimately fed up with it. So I looked around and came across Yandex and settled with it. Are there other people having experience with it? Yandex barely shows up anywhere on the internet.

Oh and how would it fare in comparission to Firefox? It being Gecko and Yandex being Chromium based was a difference for me in transitioning as Yandex feels familiar and was able to import Opera settigns and Extensions and Speed dial and Bookmarks (srsly Opera whatwere you thinking when you scratched Bookmarks for a long while?! The same with the huge enforced Google search bar above my speed dial probably).

I only do casual browsing. Nothing too complicated or advanced.

Oh wow apparently Battlelog from Battlefield 3 wont work with it. At least my 10min tries have all failed. EA made the first game that made me search a game's name together with Internet Browser compatibility. Way to go EA way to go *********!

Apparently Google doesn't want people to download Youtube videos which is why the chrome app store has no extension for this. Thats kinda sad as Opera based on Chromium too had such extensions in their own extension store. Well back to the good old youtube downloader software eh.

Yandex :- As I recall, that's a Russian product. Caveat Emptor.

Back