Extend time out?

mscrx

hi there,

I would like to have the time out were you get logged off automatically set a little longer. it happens that I am writing writing in a quick reply box and before I finish I got logged out. going back always gives me an empty quick reply box. I know its a quick reply box and I should be quick with it but this also happens while using a full reply box. Sometimes it just takes a little longer and as you can read I am not a native english speaker (writer).

well, is there something, some settings I can tweak myself or can somebody do that for me?

thanks in advance!
martin

EDIT
Sorry, but I forgot to add my feedback... :D
I really like this place and I think I was able to help some people as well as I found some useful information and know how!
Thanks and keep it up!!

cookies are enabled and techspot.com is in allowed list for cookies. I am using firefox 2.0.0.11.
any other ideas? meanwhile I will try it with ie7 ...

You mean you are still having the same problem?
Another way would be cleaning all your cookies, rebooting then logging in again fresh.

With cookies for example I never have to login to the site or get time-outs, it's just always logged in, and that's the way it should be working for you too.

yes still the same and time range I speak of is about 10 to 15 mins.
when I close ff I got hideBad to delete all cookies, history, cache and so on. but thats not the problem because it only happens when I close the browser.
I would love it if I don't need to login everytime I receive a reply notification :)

Can you check what cookies do you have upon restarting your browser? Perhaps you have it configured for auto cleaning or another privacy protection software is doing it?

on a browser restart I don't have any cookies. they all get deleted on close.

and I am not logged out since 30 mins because I am posting "alot" :)
but a break of 10 mins would log me out again...

Back