Facebook implements "one strike" policy to protect Live from abuse

Shawn Knight

Staff member
What just happened? Facebook is implementing a “one strike” policy that will ban users who commit various offenses from broadcasting over Facebook Live for a set period of time, even if the offense isn’t related to the use of the livestreaming service.

Facebook VP of Integrity Guy Rosen said that up to this point, those who posted content that violated their community standards would simply have their post taken down. Repeat offenders would be blocked from using Facebook for a certain period of time and in extreme cases, they were banned from using the social network indefinitely.

Now, anyone that violates Facebook’s most serious policies will be barred from using Live for a set period of time starting with their first offense. Specific infractions and penalty periods weren’t mentioned in Rosen’s post.

Facebook aims to extend the restrictions to other areas over the coming weeks – for example, barring people who share links to statements from terrorist groups from creating ads on the social network.

The changes are in response to the recent terrorist attacks in New Zealand. Facebook realized after those attacks that it had to do more to prevent people from sharing disturbing video on its platform. Algorithms were able to automatically remove many offending videos but those that were intentionally manipulated to be slightly different than the original were able to skirt past the safeguards.

The social network is partnering with Cornell University, the University of California, Berkeley and the University of Maryland, investing $7.5 million to research techniques to detect manipulated media and to distinguish between unwitting posters and those who intentionally manipulate media.

The work, Rosen said, will be critical for their broader effort against manipulated media.

Permalink to story.

Sounds like a great way to delete your Facebook account once and for all.
Finally the best way to have my Facebook account completely deleted . *** Yumi!!!
IMO, its more likely that they would hang onto the data and sell it to recover the costs of prohibiting access. ;)
SOLUTION: Have several fake accounts.

I have to maintain at least 4 due to their annoying ban policies.
You must have quite a bit of free time on your hands. ;)

Who cares about facebook? Their userbase has consistently shown they will take whatever train Suckerberg wants to run on their arse and beg for more.

Who cares about facebook? Their userbase has consistently shown they will take whatever train Suckerberg wants to run on their arse and beg for more.

I wouldn't use Facebook if it wasn't for the instant messenger. TEXTING people requires more time, more data and isn't as efficient.

Facebook is a data mining operation.

They specifically buy or marginalize other messengers when possible so that they can control the flow of data and God knows what they've saved in their servers about people at this point.

I wanna go back to the Good Old Days of Aol Instant Messenger.

When those animals at Facebook block your account you can't use the messenger either and your friends aren't sure what happened to you or why you aren't posting.

I wouldn't use Facebook if it wasn't for the instant messenger. TEXTING people requires more time, more data and isn't as efficient.

Facebook is a data mining operation.

They specifically buy or marginalize other messengers when possible so that they can control the flow of data and God knows what they've saved in their servers about people at this point.

I wanna go back to the Good Old Days of Aol Instant Messenger.

When those animals at Facebook block your account you can't use the messenger either and your friends aren't sure what happened to you or why you aren't posting.
Oh no, an extra 10 bytes! However will we survive?

Either way you have to open an app and type your message. The efficiency loss from texting is so minuscule its unlikely even insects would notice. As a bonus, texting doesnt require data, it uses SMS. So it will SAVE you that minuscule number of bytes!

And if your friends rely on facebook to communicate with you, they are not real friends. A real friend will have your phone number and will call/text you on occasion.

SOLUTION: Have several fake accounts.

I have to maintain at least 4 due to their annoying ban policies.

I was thinking about that too. Our local news stations tend to blame white cops or police in general but I keep stating the real issues is seen on THEGUDDA website. It's like YOUTUBE but isn't censored and shows that with a Million or so recorded video's the problem is seen in 90% of those vids.

I do movie streaming on facebook , so I've been blocked numerous times already due copyright , bu I do not care any ways ...

Lol... manipulated media. Well that leaves pretty much ALL news outlets, INCLUDING CNN, MSNBC, Fox, ABC, etc. etc. etc. They have all been caught manipulating and lying one time or another (and some more often than others).

Besides, who trusts FB to moderate and remote content on their site in an unbiased manner? NO ONE, that's who.

So, for these people that kill themselves online, you are going to ban them as well? LOL.

Back