Facebook message virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
i accidentely downloaded the virus from a facebook message when my computer asked me to download a new flash player to view a video.
how do i get rid of the virus?? please help!!

Simply install a good antivirus software:

List:
AVG
Avira Anti Vir Premium Antivirus 2009
BitDefender Total Protection 2008
Mc Afee Total Protection
Norton Antivirus 2008

When you choose just install and make a scan.

Well as soon as i downloaded the virus my computer became extremely slow, to the point where i can't open any web pages.
i downloaded the virus when i was redirected to what i thought was a video of me, on what looked like a youtube page. Then it told me i needed a new version of flash player...thats when it all went wrong....
thanks for your help, any new advice?

Ok the same problem as me I think. I got that some days ago but not with flash or video but by downloading and installing Virtual DJ. I tried everything to fight against anti virus, spyware, etc... even uninstalling the program, system restore which end me all the time to no results. The only way I found was to reformat my PC and now everything is ok. Now I think you may do that.

Do you have the setup of all the programs?

If yes just burn the setup on a DVD or copy it on a pen drive and all is done or also copy them to a partition as copying the program files folder is not an issue as some programs install data on windows folder as example dll files that they need to work and if you copy program files folder they won't be able to work after the reformatting.

amagnien is right, If you plan to reformat your computer, you're better off to re-download those programs (if they are download from the internet) after the reformat, just copy the program file folder to discs won't work! What programs you want to backup?

A while ago I open a thread concerning the same question, just for reference: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic96618.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back