Farcry will not get any further then the first frame on xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_Joster

Hi Guys
I hope the title is descriptive enough. I have had farcry for a while but it has never worked.

Ok i have installed farcry and have installed the new patch but i still cannot play the game, i get to the first screen where your in the tunnel and there it stay and will not move (you just have the first person view). It does this every time i try and start a game. Could this be due to my Graphics card not being able to process the framerates??

Mobo: Bniostar M7NCD Pro
AMD Athlon XP, 1800 MHz (13.5 x 133) 2200+
Crucial 512mb DDR SDram PC2100
Aopen Geforce FX5200 AGP Graphics card
Maxtor 60GB 5400rpm DiamondMax D540X
Creative Audigy soundcard

Has anyone had the same problem or know of a reason why i cannot play the game.

Cheers in advance

Don't really have a perfect 100 percent solution...but make sure u have the latest drivers from nvidia and the newest directx...other than that I don't know what to tell u

I had a game do the same thing, and I got it to run by turning AA and AF completly off. After I got the game to run, I reset to what I always run and everything was okay. You might also turn all your graphics setting as low as possible.

This might not be the answer, but if you haven't tried it already give it a shot.

Well bad news is that not what you call a power house card but you should be able to play the game try turning off v-Sync see if that helps at all .ALso if you have any Virtual drive running turn them off.. I run this game with no problem at all..

Let us know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back