Ferrari aims to showcase an all-electric model by 2025

Shawn Knight

Staff member
The big picture: Ferrari is no stranger to electric powertrains, having already put out two gas electric hybrids in the SF90 Stradale and the SF90 Spider. But that’s only the start as the Italian automaker is planning to show off its first full-electric Ferrari in the not-too-distant future.

During the company’s annual general meeting this week, Ferrari Chairman and acting CEO John Elkann said they are excited to unveil the first all-electric Ferrari in 2025. “You can be sure this will be everything you dream the engineers and designers at Maranello can imagine for such a landmark in our history,” Elkann added.

Ferrari in a separate report said that while it does not intend to develop self-driving cars, they will adopt certain features of autonomous driving technology in response to regulatory developments and customer preferences. In 2018, for example, they laid the groundwork for advanced driving assistant systems including predictive braking and automatic cruise control. Further innovations will be baked into future models, we’re told.

Elkann took over as interim CEO following the departure of Louis Camilleri in December 2020. With any luck, either Elkann will stick around long-term or the next permanent CEO will also share in his vision of an all-electric Ferrari. Otherwise, the concept could get put on the backburner.

Given the current vibe of the auto industry, however, I’d be surprised to see Ferrari rule out an electric powertrain at this point.

Images courtesy Konstantin Egorychev, Yaroslav Kalinin

Permalink to story.

The market for an EV Ferrari, Lamborghini and Bugatti is pretty slim.

I have a better idea:

How about more Quad turbocharged cars making over 300MPH top speed.

"having already put out two gas electric hybrids in the SF90 Stradale and the SF90 Spider"

In Ferrari purist voice, Oh but you've forgotten about the Ferrari LaFerrari which came out in 2016.

New Ferrari badge, once it is all-electric:

Ferrari.png

Last edited:
I told you guys that Tesla would continue to have the high-end pure BEV market virtually to themselves until 2025.

Maybe Audi is taking it seriously by next year?

But once Ferrari, Porsche, Lambourghini etc do turn up would you really still buy a Tesla? They are so characterless and dreary. Ugly looking little bland saloon cars and lumpen SUVs.
Yes, I will buy a Tesla because it will be cheaper. Different markets, you know.

The market for an EV Ferrari, Lamborghini and Bugatti is pretty slim.

I have a better idea:

How about more Quad turbocharged cars making over 300MPH top speed.
I don't get super cars that's can do 250mph+ you would only ever be able to do those speeds on a long race track. I see tons of Ferrari F350's near me and every time I see some one driving one they'll drive it like it's a regular car and stick to speed limits.

I don't get super cars that's can do 250mph+ you would only ever be able to do those speeds on a long race track. I see tons of Ferrari F350's near me and every time I see some one driving one they'll drive it like it's a regular car and stick to speed limits.

Exactly...! Useless and waste of money to buy a high speed or high cost sports car when you don't have or always run out of the road to drive it on...!

I actually see this as a good idea, appart from the engine noise ofcourse.
Ferraris are about the driving experience and the low end torque of an electric motor can give you that. Since no one (except for like top gear) goes on a road trip in a ferrari the battery can be kept small and the car won't weigh a ton as other EVs does too.

Why do people buy BIG houses, BIG boats, FAST cars? Because they can and want the status that comes with owning the very best.

Back